8740696.jpg

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Zion Williamson Reportedly Asked Recruiters for a Job, Money and Housing
Rob Goldberg
YOLAZZASVAVVZAO.20180808222629.jpg

Another big name has been caught up in the ongoing college basketball corruption trial, this time it's Duke incoming freshman Zion Williamson.

According to Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, a taped conversation between former Adidas employee Merl Code and Kansas assistant Kurtis Townsend discussed what it would take to land Williamson before he committed to the Blue Devils.

"Hey, but between me and you, he asked about some stuff," Code was heard saying. "... I know what he's asking for. He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

"If that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months," Townsend responded, "we're going to have to do it some way."

The conversation was not allowed into evidence during the trial of Code, Adidas executive James Gatto and former agent Christian Dawkins.

The power forward was one of the most high-profile recruits in years, ranked No. 5 overall in the 2018 class by 247Sports. He gained a near cult following thanks to his highlight-reel dunks in high school, and currently has 1.7 million followers on Instagram despite being a month away from his first college game.

Before committing to Duke last October, he took an official visit to Kansas in September and Townsend was his lead recruiter along with head coach Bill Self, per 247Sports.

While this doesn't prove Kansas offered any illegal benefits, or that Duke reached his demands, but it does raise question marks about the recruitment of a player who ended up in Durham.

Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski called the trial a "blip" on Monday, per Myron Medcalf of ESPN.

"We haven't lost guys because someone cheated," he said. "I haven't paid attention to it because I haven't been affected by it."

Even if Duke hasn't participated in this kind of behavior, Coach K would likely be interested to hear what other programs are discussing behind closed doors

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
They won't get much from accusations. Especially being Duke. The NCAA doesn't want that mess. Only the FBI could bring out what's going on there. I don't know if they have been investigating or not, but that's what it took for NCAA Football.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Can’t wait to start this season Holtman has came into OSU and recruited well got a lot of guys back but loss most of our scoring from last season in KBD wanna see how are freshman do hopefully we get a balance offense

@str8up how’s IU looking this year

@Poitier hows Michigan shaping up I see IBI transfered

@Whips-n-Chains and news on MSU this year I think nick ward gonna dominate the big 10

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Can’t wait to start this season Holtman has came into OSU and recruited well got a lot of guys back but loss most of our scoring from last season in KBD wanna see how are freshman do hopefully we get a balance offense

@Whips-n-Chains and news on MSU this year I think nick ward gonna dominate the big 10

I'd say IU is probably 3-4 in the B1G as of right now.

Not the deepest team we've had (2016-17 with Blackmon, OG, Bryant was the best in recent memory).

But with Romeo it has the potential to be the most successful team in a long time.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Ward going to be dope...I hope he's developed a mid-range jumper. Even just a baseline jumper will help his game so much. Interested to see how MSU does this year. I know Winston & Ward will be good, curious to see how Langford has developed too

Edit: didn't realize preseason rankings came out. MSU at #13 seems a lil high, but they gotta have a chip on their shoulders after underperforming in the tourney

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say IU is probably 3-4 in the B10 as of right now.

Not the deepest team we've had (2016-17 with Blackmon, OG, Bryant was the best in recent memory).

But with Romeo it has the potential to be the most successful team in a long time.

How good is Romeo? I’ve seen mock drafts with him in the top 5-6 and others with him in the late lotto

Seems to be a lot of different opinions on him