Random NFL Observations 2023-24 Thread

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Its crazy and i expect more abuse on that poor man if he doesnt live up to standards his first year starting. These cacs are sickening
I suspect they already shytting on love to justify tanking so they can get a top 3 pick next year to get one of them qbs

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
If you go back and watch games form 2003 or 2004 it’s kinda scary how gutless and conservative 99% of offensive play callers were compared to now :mjlol:
You don't think it has something to do with offensive players being babied and coddled compared to offensive players in early 2000s ?

There's definitely less cute stuff that you'd do if you knew the edge rusher had the freedom to hit a QB anywhere make it hurt and not get a penalty for it.

The game wasn't as pass-happy as it is now either.

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If you go back and watch games form 2003 or 2004 it’s kinda scary how gutless and conservative 99% of offensive play callers were compared to now :mjlol:
Lol facts I was watchin the 04 AFC Championship the other day and I was thinkin how easy OC’s made it on DC’s wit they scary ass play calling

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You don't think it has something to do with offensive players being babied and coddled compared to offensive players in early 2000s ?

There's definitely less cute stuff that you'd do if you knew the edge rusher had the freedom to hit a QB anywhere make it hurt and not get a penalty for it.

The game wasn't as pass-happy as it is now either.
Yea that plays a part but lotta of the play callers were just kinda scared

On top of that I don’t think QBs in the mid 2000s were as versatile as they are now

Lots of statues starting at QB in 2000s

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Yea that plays a part but lotta of the play callers were just kinda scared

On top of that I don’t think QBs in the mid 2000s were as versatile as they are now

Lots of statues starting at QB in 2000s
You can see an extension of that era through some of the coaches who came from that old school pipeline - Shanny via his pops and McVay via Gruden.

A lot of what they do falls under that "young innovator" label that's slapped on them but they also lean conservative and go into a shell way more than you would expect, especially as the games get bigger.