Rate MJF’s Current World Title Reign [300+ Days] [UPDATE: Close to passing Kenny Omega as longest world title reign in AEW]

How has MJF’s Title Reign Been?

• Best AEW Title Reign So Far

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • It’s been pretty good

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • MID

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Trash

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So we’ve finally passed the 300 day mark on MJF’s title reign, and it’s got me thinking that this may be one of the most underwhelming World Title runs in a minute. I’ll say 5-6/10, here’s why:

He hasn’t raised the level of the belt whatsoever. It feels like nobody even really wants the thing, I can’t even remember who he’s defended the belt against besides Adam Cole, Bryan Danielson, and Tanahashi. (Edit: Just looked it up, 7 defenses in 10 months is crazy smh)

Another issue with the reign (not necessarily MJF’s fault) is that there’s no competitors who seem like a legitimate world title contender for him to feud/face with. TK needs to book these people better, because I feel like I’m watching an Indy wrestling show at times with the lack of starpower on the roster.

But on the other hand, I think this is MJF’s best character arc yet. His current storyline is one of the best things AEW has going for them, and he’s on the trajectory to have a game changing 2024. His promos are on point, skits are funny, and even has a MOTY candidate with the Ironman match.

But the reason I give him a 5-6 despite the praise is that his storylines/character during this reign are great for a guy who’s on the midcard, but not the world champion of your company. There’s been times where he’s looked like a complete goofball, and it’s hard to take someone like that serious as world champion. You can take the belt off of MJF and retell this entire Better Than You BayBay story and wouldn’t have to change much. This started off so good with the Danielson feud, then quickly went off the rails.

Anyways, what are y’all thoughts about MJF’s title reign?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
4-5 :unimpressed:

He’s defended it like what, 4x in one year? :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
mjf-aew.gif

King Poetic

Most Hated
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Near The Lakes
MID

He keeps the title because Tony Khan and AEW playing to his demands

And why even give him a tag team title as well and don’t even defend that shyt as well

That’s why i like Moxley as champion because he defended the title every week

Give Ricky Starks and other tag teams more opportunity to get a belt

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Well you really can’t judge anyone in aew legit because khan is the worst booker to exist. Almost all of mjfs feuds are telegraphed, just like everyone else’s. Meaning you know they got no shot of winning and you probably already know what his next feud is gonna be before the one he’s in is even midway through.

We all know Samoa joe has no shot. So it’s a real waste.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Has There Been Any Great AEW Title Runs?

MJFs Run Has Been Very Ehh But Most Of It Falls In AEW

You Could Maybe Argue FTRs Was Decent/Fun..?

Cassidy’s Was Long…?

Jerichos 1st Run Was Cool

Cody’s TNT Run Was Decent

Mox First Run Was Decent?

Maybe I’m Wrong I Dunno

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I guess Punk really was the Real World Champion (I still can’t believe they did that to placate his ego) :mjlol:

Nah but seriously, MJF does get some points knocked off for not addressing that in some capacity

Based on what happened at All In, he's 1000% right for not addressing it. Guessing they had a plan for it (maybe for Grand Slam or the PPV in October), but that went out the window as soon as Punk went full Punk.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Lets put it this way...

The Adam Cole/MidJeFF wankfest was the best thing about his title reign, despite it not being focus on his title reign :francis:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
The worst aew title reign man or woman will always be Hayter...

Having said that, in order for Moses Jacob Friedman to get "over" as a face, Khan or whomever paired him with Cole. (Before that his initial face run was awful) Say what you will about any former aew champions, but none of em got jobbed out like Malachi Joachim Friedman...see Wardlow vs Mjf

His title reign has been average at best.