• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Explain yourself. What's your definition of lacking soul in your music?

Fam you can feel “free your mind”? You believe they meant every word of that? :comeon:

You take groups like SWV and Brownstone and they just had raw soul and feeling in their music.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Of course you would, dub. That’s what happens when you grow up listening to “favorites” music compilation mail order cds .

Your level of emotion doesn’t match this discussion at all...I guess that’s how it is when those eggs are drying up w/no husband or kids huh. :coffee:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
No .
Back to the question - why would you not consider them soulful?

I already answered that, “hold on” is a classic to me but that’s not a SOUL record, it’s a great pop/rnb track.

SWV has a song that’s the equivalent of “you’re always on my mind?” Post it. :unimpressed:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Come on ya'll. It should be a unanimous 10. Harmony, Looks, Content, Fast songs, slow songs, Can sing live. I'm not gonna let their personal situation dictate how I feel about this group.

Yeah music is subjective at the end of the day. But I thought this would be an easy 10 across the board. :manny:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
9, I took off a point cause their diva attitudes broke them up. They could ALL sing. They split lead vocals equally. fukk EV3 & the other branches of non original line up.

Ole girl from the Jamie Foxx show who became the replacement chick (but I know her from the 90s Mickey Mouse Club reboot) I never liked her cause she was a REPLACEMENT.