Rate This Group | Day 9 | New Edition

How Would You Rate New Edition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Silk surprised and came through with a 6.4 rating which is much higher than I thought they would rank.
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-group-day-7-silk.728656/

Leaderboard:
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/rate-this-group-leaderboard.727112/

PAY ATTENTION
  1. Voters will vote on the featured group picking a score ranging from 1 - 10
  2. A score of 1:camby: will result in worse score possible. A score of 10:ohlawd: is the highest score possible.
  3. Threads will contain best singles, album sales and videos to showcase the talents of featured group.
  4. These factors should be taken into consideration when voting: Artistry. Versatility. Vocal Ability. Talent of All Group Members. Classic Albums. Classic Songs. Dancing. Consistency. Song Content. Musicality. Instrumentation. Production/Beats. Impact/Influence/Appeal. Do They Stand The Test of Time?
  5. Singers will be chosen randomly. I am open to suggestions.
  6. Polls will remain open for 24 hours and then the votes will be tallied up and final scores added to the leaderboard.
  7. Drop that 5 Star thread rating and dap

Day 8. New Edition

NEW-EDITION-4.jpg

GettyImages-83480220-56a7d2725f9b58b7d0ee2696.jpg

00dd8bb62eec5e72d696c397f9477c17.png

7 Albums:

ytoHrlX.jpg

+ No significant chart success

lzusbQf.jpg

+ Cool It Now peaked at #4
+ Mr. Telephone Man peaked at #12

Certified 2x Platinum in US

gJhokrC.jpg

+ If It Isn't Love peaked at #7
+ Can You Stand The Rain peaked at #44 :what:

Certified 2x Platinum

aZEqDvj.jpg

+ Hit Me Off peaked at #3
+ Still In Love With You peaked at #7
+ Home Again peaked at #1

Certified 2x Platinum

Other Albums:

All For Love(1985)
Certified Platinum

Under The Blue Moon(1986)

One Love(2004)
Certified Gold

Notable Songs:

Live:

200.webp

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
*placeholder so I can be first*

Edit, I give them a 7 for the cuts but vocally I wasn’t impressed. I realize they were kids when they started and sound damn near prepubescent but eh as they grew up/deeper I felt the same way.

Last edited:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

song still gets me in my feelings to this day. i'mma give em a 7 though cause I never fukked with them that heavy and I think they are SLIGHTLY overrated.

They were better as solo acts though :whoa:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
10. I try to dance like these brehs like their vids Hit Me Off, If It Isn't Love, NE Heartbreak and You're Not My Type of Girl. Im a 90s baby and play these boys catalog and solo stuff. If you got a problem you can get negged :birdman:.

Edit:
If It Isn't Love and Can You Stand The Rain gets played at work's radio lol :wow:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I am going to give them an 9. I think members have the most compelling stories after the Jacksons and the Temptations.

Yes they initially molded themselves after the Jacksons in that sort of light poppy style but by the 2nd album they already had at least 4 or 5 classic songs. Also once Bobby Brown left they ended getting Johnny Gill who changed the entire perception and sound of the band. Heartbreak is a classic album and 'Can You Stand the Rain' and 'Boys to Men' are probably some if the smoothest R&B songs of the past 30 or so years. They are a staple of American Music and even came close to another comeback in the 90s but just couldn't keep it together.

Plus Mr Telephone Man is a personal all time favorite of mine. It came out when I was 11-12 and it really captured that feeling of trying to that girl I liked.