Rate This Group | Day 9 | New Edition

How Would You Rate New Edition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Archangel

Banned
Daps
so why give them a 9?

It's a matter of personal taste. I didn't start listening to them heavily until their tv movie dropped. When I think of 10's, I think of J5. E,W&F. Temptations....groups who dominated every facet of music be it charts, sales, tours. Everything. New Edition never had major chart success which surprised me. They never appealed to the masses at the levels of the aforementioned groups either.

Those groups could go anywhere on the planet and sell out shows. New Edition couldn't do that. That's why they stop at a 9 for me.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
It's a matter of personal taste. I didn't start listening to them heavily until their tv movie dropped. When I think of 10's, I think of J5. E,W&F. Temptations....groups who dominated every facet of music be it charts, sales, tours. Everything. New Edition never had major chart success which surprised me. They never appealed to the masses at the levels of the aforementioned groups either.

Those groups could go anywhere on the planet and sell out shows. New Edition couldn't do that. That's why they stop at a 9 for me.
You mean crackers don’t know who they are

... that made you underrate them???

:mjlol::hhh::mjgrin::dwillhuh::mjpls::ufdup::rudy::beli::usure:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

Archangel

Banned
Daps
You mean crackers don’t know who they are

... that made you underrate them???

:mjlol::hhh::mjgrin::dwillhuh::mjpls::ufdup::rudy::beli::usure:
Nah not necessarily. N.E was not an Eartb shattering group. They didn't change the landscape of music. They definitely left their mark but they are just a 80s/90s group. They are not all time.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
10.....know I am late to the party, but from the solo projects, splinter groups, and contribution to New Jack Swing and R&B, yeah, they got it....

"Can You Stand The Rain" is a timeless classic....