Reddit in Turmoil

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
For more perspective, according to the comments alot of the facts haven't been released. So this version of what happened may still be speculation

Below is the supposed offending message of Jesse Jackson's AMA session

wh4KKUD.png

can you reup this pic?

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Come on now, doesn't expose your lack of of comprehension like this. :snoop: No one said there aren't any racist comments/content on Youtube or even on The Coli, if we're being honest. In fact, I'll go further and say that there are very few sites, especially of the forum variety, that are completely free of racism/racist posters. The point is the neither YouTube nor The Coli has readily available and site approved subsections where users are free to share their racist beliefs.:stopitslime: Go ahead and find me a section similar to this on TheColi or Youtube. No need to cape for a site that condones racism.

Did you even check the link?

For me Reddit is an extremely useful site. Use it daily and find it most times more informative than other sites

Used it to pretty much plan my trip to Japan, New York, to learn about new IT Security new, just as an example.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was reading about Sergey Brin's divorce a couple of weeks ago. Someone commented that he liked Asians and joked about Ellen Pao. I looked old girl up and my life hasn't been the same since. This woman keeps taking Ls. She lost a sexual harassment suit and now has to pay $276,000 in fees. Turns out she had been offered $1 million to drop the suit before the trial started but she refused. Reddit keeps imploding on her.

Now you tell me she is married to a black, bankrupt, bi-sexual. :deadmanny:

She blew the kliener Perkins fame. She had free publicity CNBC and Bloomberg everyday. Women openly bias to her side on those networks.

Buy why CEO of Reddit?...everyone that knows about it knows the culture of the posters and that it will get out if hand at some point.

She wasted her fame and makes kliener Perkins look squeaky clean about her not being boss/partner material.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Saying reddit is racist because they allow racist subreddits and racist people use it is like saying the Internet is racist from the same reasons. It's ya loss tho :manny: I've learned so much useful shyt on reddit in the last couple of months of browsing it. Baby related shyt and they got subreddits for resumes and job hunting and they have one called askhr where I chatted with people in HR who helped me find a new job by fixing my resume for me for free.

:manny:

FSP

Banned
Daps
You guys know she resigned earlier today right

Reddit is back in the hands of the original CEO and founder

FSP

Banned
Daps
Saying reddit is racist because they allow racist subreddits and racist people use it is like saying the Internet is racist from the same reasons. It's ya loss tho :manny: I've learned so much useful shyt on reddit in the last couple of months of browsing it. Baby related shyt and they got subreddits for resumes and job hunting and they have one called askhr where I chatted with people in HR who helped me find a new job by fixing my resume for me for free.

That's pretty fukkin sick. I didn't know about that sub

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That's pretty fukkin sick. I didn't know about that sub

If u know where to look there's tons of useful info on reddit. I went into my interview fully loaded on info and questions that I got from there and the advice I got was so great, I walked out of there with a new job working for the city for more money because I interviewed so well. They hooked my resume up for me and made it look professional done n I even got a compliment on it by the interviewer.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

I've hooked one of my good homies with a lucrative temp job due to reddit. He really needed the money and he made over $1000 in a week

Did you even check the link?

For me Reddit is an extremely useful site. Use it daily and find it most times more informative than other sites

Used it to pretty much plan my trip to Japan, New York, to learn about new IT Security new, just as an example.

I've tried explain it to these dudes and they just don't get it. Reddit is what you make of it. If all you want to do is gone on there and browse about racist shyt and c00n this that speaks more to your mentality and what you prioritize then reddit itself. Also, they've removed alot of those offensive subreddits in recent weeks.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
It wasn't just SOHH they hacked the IC too, someone created a thread callin ****** out and they fukked up the site puttin racist images like that on the front page and floodin the boards wit racist troll threads. The owner had to release a statement about it and shut the boards down wit that "Back By Thanksgiving" shyt, thats when the IC lost a bunch of posters cause the board was gone for so long and the community hasn't been the same since. Its chronicled on that Encyclopedia Dramatica website which is run by ****** users https://encyclopediadramatica.se/SOHH that website Ebaumsworld and Reddit are filled wit them ****** members who are the main ones runnin those sites which is why they all so racist.
Reddit is not filled with ***** the two sites hates each other. The only thing ***** people do on reddit is troll. This past year whenever a youtube video would hit the front page of reddit ***** would flood the comments and mock redditors on youtube by calling themselves "neckbeard" and "m'lady" and other shyt like that

As far as that racist shyt. The most popular presidential candidate on reddit right now by a wide Margin is Bernie Sanders who has had this to say regarding blacks and prison complex:

From Ferguson to Baltimore and across this nation, too many African-Americans and other minorities find themselves subjected to a system that treats citizens who have not committed crimes as if they were criminals and that is unacceptable

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I've hooked one of my good homies with a lucrative temp job due to reddit. He really needed the money and he made over $1000 in a week

I've tried explain it to these dudes and they just don't get it. Reddit is what you make of it. If all you want to do is gone on there and browse about racist shyt and c00n this that speaks more to your mentality and what you prioritize then reddit itself. Also, they've removed alot of those offensive subreddits in recent weeks.

Including the one which the said person linked.

But annoyingly, it seems that is what some of the Reddit community are annoyed about :(

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Including the one which the said person linked.

But annoyingly, it seems that is what some of the Reddit community are annoyed about :(

If there was a Nazi subreddit that got shut down, they'd be upset about that too. Their upset because reddit's original intent was for it to be a free and open forum. Freedom of speech is one of the biggest things they pride. With that will come racist shyt. The KKK are still allowed to protest but does that mean said city/state is racist? That's what people in here are confusing with racism, freedom of speech. There's a subreddit called /r/trashy that's probably the white people's equivalent to c00ntown [I never visited that sub so Im not sure]. /r/Trashy is nothing but making of fun of white trailer trash posts on fb/instagram/twitter (it's not exclusive to white people but that makes up 80%+ of the posts) . That sub still exists.