Relationship 101: When does a relationship become "official"?

keepemup

Banned
Daps
A relationship becomes official when she won't have sex with you anymore unless you commit.

I say that to say, a relationship becomes official when the talk is had. Or if you're like an asexual hippo, you just know it when it's real.

Daps
Him: You dating anyone else? :patrice:
Me: Nope. Are you? :usure:
Him: Nope. Guess this means we go together, huh? :steviej:
Me: Shut up :lolbron:

It wasn't a drawn out conversation. Met his parents within 6 months of dating, met the extended fam when he took me as his date to his cousin's wedding.

I'd say it's official when it's verbally stated; I don't have time to be reading people's minds. Once we claim each other verbally, that's it.

It wasn't drawn out for me either. He just told me "time for this to get serious Girl". And I agreed :smile:

@CinnaSlim the relationship going to the next level was always something I felt, always little clues like the person being on your mind all the time, thinking of them when you're making plans or wanting to introduce them to friends and family. A "soul" match is always hard to describe, what I typed here doesn't come close to what I felt.

Also,.I've never been the type to have a roster of people waiting in the sidelines, sounds exhausting to me, too much energy to expend, and it's not fair to others. So instinctively you have to know what you want and when you see it, claim it.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you can fart in front of each other and hit the:skip:face and get a :mjlol:then you know it's real:wow:
1406460364036.gif

Daps
when i ask her to be my girl and she says yes

i fell for the "what are we" line a couple times but looking back at it i kinda treated those girls like shyt..not necessarily cheating on them but they put in more effort into the relationship than i did . its a good chance that subconsciously i wasn't ready or really didn't want to be with them because if i did i would have went out my way to show them and they wouldn't have had to ask....