Revis doesn't want to play anymore

Daps
Maybe I missed it but how is it any different than owners ripping up a players contract and forcing them to take less money or get cut. Or forcing the player to renegotiate the deal to start (i.e. Kaep)?

It's pretty unfair to ask a player to hold true to the contract while their employer doesn't. Especially in a sport as violent as football.

The contracts clearly state the terms

When you sign your services over your signing to those terms

That's the difference , owners don't say we're going to sign you and all this money and years are guaranteed

When you sign a contact you're saying you will honor that contract for as many years as are on it

And like I said I'm not even against a holdout, I'm against a clown holding out on a contract he just held out for the year before

Daps
Jets' Darrelle Revis on report he doesn't want to play anymore: 'Where did that come from?'

Jets' Darrelle Revis on report he doesn't want to play anymore: 'Where did that come from?'

21629536-mmmain.jpg

#33 Dion Lewis makes a catch in front of Darrelle Revis on the game-winning drive as the New York Jets lose to the New England Patriots 22-17 in NFL action at MetLife Stadium. 11/27/16 East Rutherford, N.J. (John Munson | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)
Email
By Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Follow on Twitter
on December 01, 2016 at 4:43 PM, updated December 01, 2016 at 4:49 PM

FLORHAM PARK -- This season hasn't been kind to Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis.

Darrelle Revis among those to blame for Jets' loss to Patriots
From receivers routinely beating him on Sundays, to questions regarding his effort mid-play, outside of a jersey number and name, he resembles little of the player he used to be.

But Revis isn't exactly thinking of hanging up the cleats. At least not yet. After a report surfaced Wednesday saying the corner "doesn't want to play anymore," Revis fired back.

"Where did that come from? What source?" said Revis, who added he's under contract until 2018. "I don't know, either. Really nothing to discuss when it comes to reports here and there about my career and what not.

"People talk and say these things. I don't know."

The subject of Revis' future with the Jets has been a hot topic as of late. Combine his declining play, with high 2017 price tag, and it's easy to see why a divorce could be on the horizon.

If Revis is on the roster next year, he'll have a cap hit of over $15 million. If the Jets release him before the second day of the new league year, however, they'll free $9 million of it. There's offset language (details here) to alleviate some of the remaining $6 million.

Is Wilkerson really healthy?

Maybe Muhammad Wilkerson just isn't healthy?

Revis, who is actually under contract through 2019, but guaranteed money runs out in 2018, seemed potentially receptive to taking a pay cut. When asked if he'd be open to it, he said "we'll see."

Then again, the Jets may never ask.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
While Revis showed signs of decline last year, his regression from 2015 to 2016 has startled many. It isn't just the best of the best abusing Revis, but anyone listed as a receiver.

It started with the Bengals' A.J. Green, then became the Bills' Marquise Goodwin. Kenny Britt (Rams), Terrelle Pryor (Browns) and Malcolm Mitchell (Patriots) have all taken their turns, too.

Where's the Jets pass rush?

The strength of Jets' team really hasn't been all that strong this year.

Revis has gone gone from arguably the league's best defender, to defensive liability, awfully quick. He's not an exception, but a big reason for the three-win Jets' struggles.

"It's a down year," Revis said. "It's a down year for the team. It's a down year for me personally. I've been in this situation before where it's just not the year for us. For me personally, my focus is on the future of this football club."

Between the on-field struggles and off-field controversies (local media have routinely taken their shots), this season hasn't been the norm for Revis.

When asked if the entire experience has been frustrating, though, he abrasively declined.

"Uh, no, actually not," Revis said. "It's actually fine."

This bum gotta keep on mailing it in

Wait til the Jets ask em to take that pay cut

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
If he really said that then it's the career equivalent of him pulling up holding his hamstring after Moss burned em.
If you fell off then go out with some pride and dignity, ain't nobody trying hear no plea cops about not wanting to play anymore. nikkas out there risking CTE every week, if your heart ain't in it then fall back

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
revis is a hustla he dont give a fukk about this football shyt, hes about getting bread

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
T.o
Was hated by writers and media. Revis isnt.

Revis has negative things the writers could hold against him, just like TO did. I'm just pointing out that worthiness on the field alone won't guarantee dude a 1st ballot slot. The pool of players he's going up against will matter greatly also, the NFL has a crazy backlog.