Reviving & adopting centuries old racist slurs is the most embarassing moment of the 2010s

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
There was a poster who got mad that cats wanted to call each other king and queen, but had no condemning words for the usage of c00n or samb0 lol :mjlol:

Idk about learning African languages. A lot of people wouldn’t be against it, but it’s a long term investment and some may be against it. For the quickest results I just choose to refer to other blacks as bruh and Sis. Or find an AA or African slang term you like and use that.

Edit: We have to let positivity and black pride inform how we relate

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
There was a poster who got mad that cats wanted to call each other king and queen, but had no condemning words for the usage of c00n or samb0 lol :mjlol:

Idk about learning African languages. A lot of people wouldn’t be against it, but it’s a long term investment and some may be against it. For the quickest results I just choose to refer to other blacks as bruh and Sis. Or find an AA or African slang term you like and use that.

Edit: We have to let positivity and black pride inform how we relate

The most important thing is finding and developing language that reflects and affirms our experience. African would do that best, in my opinion.

For example, as a black americans we understand soul but can we really describe it??? People say it's a "feeling" a lot-- cause we haven't had the language to properly convey it. I think we're talking about Africanisms and concepts in some of the languages could be found to explain it.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
I only say it jokingly

irl I said it once and it had people dying

my breh was gonna go out to eat and said let’s go to old country buffet

and I called him a c00n cause of that

I would never in my life say that shyt about somebody else for real

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The most telling part about it is the lack of positive or affirming terminology to counter-balance it. Back in the day brothers started affirming each other as 'man' cause white supremacists called
them 'boy'.

FACTS
I-am-a-man-National-Guard-guns-tanks-Beale-Street-Memphis-033068-by-Rolls-Press-Popperfoto.jpg

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Let it be known that this is mostly only on the Coli breh :mjlol:

I only say it jokingly

irl I said it once and it had people dying

my breh was gonna go out to eat and said let’s go to old country buffet

and I called him a c00n cause of that

I would never in my life say that shyt about somebody else for real

I only hear bedbuck/bedwench on the coli or twitter but c00n is definitely said in real life

Last edited:

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Nah. c00n fits most black people in 2018. Until we stop c00ning on a mass scale then the word c00n will be here. I call my sister a c00n all the time for calling her hair and my hair “nappy” and other self demeaning things. I will call out the c00ning, this is not just an Internet thing for me. Bedbuck and bedwench and the other words can go, however.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
OP.
The problem is rooted in education. Many people aren't aware of, nor inclined to know anything about history.. As a result, the first time they are aware of certain events, people ,places or words is when they hear about it from an internet celebrity.
They can't understand,process or evaluate the information, so they just accept what they hear and repeat it.
It's really that simple.
People are taking what they think is the easy route to learning. Press play on youtube and listen to what person x says.

When pressed, questioned or challenged......, the smilies, insults and diversions come out on cue. They are repeating things they don't fully understand, so how would they be able to defend or discuss the topic?

If this behavior sounds familiar, it's almost verbatim how previous generations of our families approached religious instruction. Claim to be a (insert faith or denomination)...never once CRACKING open your "holy" book...but sit in the house of worship and let the person standing in front interpret it for you. And during the week, repeat bits and pieces of the sermon in regular conversation.

I said in previous threads that these YT celeb channels are the new church...because in many ways they are.

cjlaw93

(Black) American
Daps
Nah. c00n fits most black people in 2018. Until we stop c00ning on a mass scale then the word c00n will be here. I call my sister a c00n all the time for calling her hair and my hair “nappy” and other self demeaning things. I will call out the c00ning, this is not just an Internet thing for me. Bedbuck and bedwench and the other words can go, however.
:ld:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah

People promoting black marriage getting labeled as “dikk police” and “down low homos” Is the woat moment

These white women loving fools have created an alternate reality in an attempt to pawg in peace

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)