Ric Flairs Mount Rushmore: Himself, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock & Hulk Hogan

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
LETS BE REAL if it wasn't for the love of Ric Flair in the social media era he shouldn't be up there neither if we are being honest it should be Hogan, Macho,Stone Cold, Rock for modern era

Flair was also a massive draw in the 80s though. Him and Hogan were the two biggest and even pre social media is phrases were pretty iconic in pop culture.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If Hogan was'nt such a piece of shyt this would be close to my Top 5 to be honest

Instead I would much rather put Jericho up there

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
It's insane how HHH single handedly destroyed wrestling. There was a time the WWE/F had Stone Cold, The Rock, and Hogan on their roster at the same time. Yet HHH, through his conniving and backstage politics, was main eventing every week. This was around the time I stopped watching wrestling (I used to watch it religiously and never missed an episode of RAW/Monday Nitro). Scott Steiner was right. HHH is the Kevin Federline of wrestling.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
he has no cultural relevance beyond the hardcore wrestling crowd.

famosos-nos-simpsons-12-bret-hart-08-1996-1997.jpg

Even my dad knows who Bret hart is, guy doesn't get enough credit for how famous he is outside wrestling.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Dont sleep on how much the Undertaker known globally too btw. The rise of Sky Sport/ Eurosports in the UK and Europe and Star TV in Middle East and Asia at the start of the 90s in bringing WWF meant he was known by a whole generation of people who dont even watch wrestling regularly but know the dead guy.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flair was also a massive draw in the 80s though. Him and Hogan were the two biggest and even pre social media is phrases were pretty iconic in pop culture.

Flair wasn't a massive draw stop it he was huge in the south and thats where it stops thats like saying Nick Bockwinkel was a huge draw everywhere also, in the 80's it was WWF and everybody else.

Again due to WCW and social media Flair has been elevated higher when people go back and watch his work but he wasn't bigger than Macho Man in the late 80's

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Flair wasn't a massive draw stop it he was huge in the south and thats where it stops thats like saying Nick Bockwinkel was a huge draw everywhere also, in the 80's it was WWF and everybody else.

Again due to WCW and social media Flair has been elevated higher when people go back and watch his work but he wasn't bigger than Macho Man in the late 80's

Even in the 80s there was still some territories that WWF couldn't top despite going national. Being huge in the south is almost enough

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
Are we talking about Bret Hart or Dean Malenko?

Bret was big in the 90's

if you asked random people on the street if they knew random wrestlers, 9/10 would know Hogan. 7-8/10 would know Rock/SCSA. 6-7/10 wouldk now Macho and Undertaker. Flair is probably a 5-6.

Bret Hart, Sting, HBK, Nash etc., while big in wrestling are probably recognized by less than 50% of the population.

Truth be told, I bet Cena is more popular than the Hart, Sting, HBK range.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
if you asked random people on the street if they knew random wrestlers, 9/10 would know Hogan. 7-8/10 would know Rock/SCSA. 6-7/10 wouldk now Macho and Undertaker. Flair is probably a 5-6.

Bret Hart, Sting, HBK, Nash etc., while big in wrestling are probably recognized by less than 50% of the population.

Truth be told, I bet Cena is more popular than the Hart, Sting, HBK range.
With kids? Cena is more popular? With Adults worldwide? Of course not.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
LETS BE REAL if it wasn't for the love of Ric Flair in the social media era he shouldn't be up there neither if we are being honest it should be Hogan, Macho,Stone Cold, Rock for modern era
True

Then again I'm in NC and Ric Flair is a legend around these parts

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
objectively speaking you could make the arguement that Cena or Undertaker deserves the Rock's spot (hear me out I personally prerfer the Rock to anyone on Flair's list). During the Rock's peak he was at best on Steve's level or just below him. The Rock was never the undisputed FACE of the WWE unless Steve was hurt or took his ball home.

Cena for good or bad was undeniably the Face of the WWE for a longer period of time and had longer 2nd act of putting talent over

the Undertaker may deserve the nod seemly for long-term sustained excellence and the streak.

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
In my opinion the Rushmore should be
Ric Flair
Stone Cold
Hulk Hogan
Cena

WWE Rushmore
Stone Cold
Cena
HulKKK Hogan