William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Richard Sherman talked to ESPN yesterday about Brady and the Patriots.

Reiterating thoughts that Tom Brady's four-game suspension was too severe, he said that he's happy the punishment was overturned AND he downplayed cheating allegations against the Patriots.

In his words: "Everybody does their things a little differently, but at the end of the day, it's handled between the lines. And if they man up and they beat you straight up, they beat you straight up. You can say they knew your plays or they watched this or they watched that, but a lot of times if you watch film good enough, you find good indicators. You find things. So if you're studying the game the right way, you go out there understanding what plays are coming, and you know when the plays are coming. But can you execute? Can 11 guys stop the other 11 from executing their play?"

He continued: "And at the end of the day, that's what it's about. You can say you stole scripts or whatever it is, but they still have to win the game. They still have to intercept the ball. They still have to execute. Eleven guys have to execute at the same time. And that's what they did, so give them credit. If there's hanky-panky going on, they've gotten away with it."

"Bu-but he's a c00n" :patsfanumad:

"Bu-but the Patriots CHEATED!" :patsfanumad:
"Bu-but the integrity of the game...":patsfanumad:

Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman backs Tom Brady, New England Patriots -- 'It wasn't cheating'

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I think it's moreso him siding with the player and player's union than him actually giving a fukk about Brady.

Brady's suspension getting overturned is a huge win for all players in the league. In a league with non-guaranteed contracts and owners/GMs seizing more control after each CBA negotiation, these players gotta stick together.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Now these Pats fans like Sherman all of a sudden. :mjlol:

Y'all kill me :mjlol:

He didn't like Brady....

brady-sherman.jpg

Till the #4God Made him understand...

Sherman-Brady-620x473.jpg

Its all Love Now....

sherman-brady-960.jpg

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect him for not being a whiner or excuse maker. That said, this sounds and awful lot like a drug dealer siding with a thief over the police. He has gotten away with his dirt too. At least he isn't a sanctimonious hypocrite (like all the members of the do it he right way, don't break the rules crowd who have minimized and dismissed this) though.

Last edited:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
...i though the pats cheated the round before them...why would he complain?

was he suppose to be scared to face them? pissed he faced the pats?

:dwillhuh:

keepemup

Banned
Daps
That's his opinion, but I totally disagree. It seems as if the Patriots are doing their damndest to circumvent the rules and they know this type of behavior is untoward which is why they keep it a secret.