Rockstar Edits Out “Transphobic” Content from GTA V Remasters

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
In recent years, the press and LGBTQ+ groups have been putting pressure on Rockstar Games to remove or change content they see as "transphobic" in Grand Theft Auto V. Now, players have noted a few such changes to transgender representation in the "expanded and enhanced" upgrades to the game recently released for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S.

Reddit user JayProspero was among the first to notice a change to the action figures lining the wall of the office in the in-game arcade. A hot-pink-clad "Captain Spacetoy" figure, in a box highlighting "interchangeable genitalia," has been removed in the new console versions of the game; an alternative figure with a more reserved outfit and "posable vomit direction" remains on the wall.

source: Rockstar edits out “transphobic” content from GTA V remasters

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
How do you feel about this
I think it’s a good move. Besides to over the top violence, it was the transphobia that stopped me from playing campaign mode. I mostly just “play” the game by getting in a vehicle, and running people over. I’ve probably, at some point or another, pretended that the people, who I was running over, were transphobes.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I think it’s a good move. Besides to over the top violence, it was the transphobia that stopped me from playing campaign mode. I mostly just “play” the game by getting in a vehicle, and running people over. I’ve probably, at some point or another, pretended that the people, who I was running over, were transphobes.

what about the trans people that you ran over?