jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
ronda-rousey-ring-magazine.jpg
fukkin blasphemy :dumbass:

“The Ring” launched in 1922 as a magazine focused on boxing and professional wrestling. As pro wrestling became more spectacle rather than sport, the publication shifted entirely toward “the sweet science,” declaring itself “The Bible of Boxing.”

Almost 100 years after the magazine’s debut, a UFC star has taken over the cover. “Ring” posted an image on Instagram of the upcoming January cover featuring Ronda Rousey (12-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC).

“She conquered MMA. Is boxing next?” the cover reads.

Now would seem like the best time for a boxing publication to get in on the Rousey media takeover. The UFC women’s bantamweight champion is set to face one of the best female boxers in recent history when she takes on former multi-division boxing champion Holly Holm (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in the pay-per-view main event of UFC 193, which takes place Nov. 14 at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne.

Ronda Rousey featured on 'Ring' cover – to dismay of some boxing fans

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
You know whats sad about this? she has her own "floyd pac" fight just sitting there waiting for her. Regardless of what her status is, until she and cyborg fight, she hasnt conquered anything. They were ready and willing to crown Carano and Cyborg deaded that. The Ring used to be a publication with honor and status, this really lowers the bar.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I can't be mad at a magazine trying to generate sales...it's hard out here for print mags, man.:whew:

However, I don't see Rousey transitioning to boxing. If she were to make a transition from MMA to anything it would be to a big money WWE contract while she continued trying to get acting work.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland

the raging bull is an older featherweight which is like being 90 years old and hes beating her to the punch, hes getting off first in every exchange and her punches look like fukking arm punches, very little weight or hip movement goes into anything she throws. im not hating on ol girl,, but she need to stay away before brekhaus or one holm eats her for dinner, shyt, call up my girl babydoll elena and let her get that work