Ronnie Coleman Broke His back. Unable To Walk

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Let's not scare the brehs. I don't think you'll have this problem unless you have really shyt form, put on more weight than you can handle, or don't recover properly.
Basically dudes out here sounding like parents trying to scare their kids not to do drugs or something lol. Luckily me or anybody I've known had a bad situation with the weights probably like the majority here. Just do the things you mentioned and you should be ok for the most part

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I didn't know this...

Can y'all tell me the back story on how he broke his back?! :huhldup:

I'm having lower back problems right now but it's something I ignore and fight thru most workouts.
Real shyt, I don't think you wanna just ignore back pain or knee pain. At least get it checked out even if you can't afford to actually fix whatever the issue is, so you know what you're facing. Or if there's nothing actually wrong at least you can be at peace of mind with it.
Do NOT. DO NOT IGNORE LOWER BACK ISSUES. I have minimal scoliosis that wasn't diagnosed for years. Periodically I completely fukk my entire existence up with deads. As recently as 2 weeks ago. Needed 4 cortisone shots to walk properly. Don't be like me

God damn man yall are scaring me. I do sometimes get slight lower back pain which goes away soon but yall got me scared to do deadlifts tomorrow :huhldup::damn:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Do you guys have any idea the amount of heavy weight Ronnie was pushing? None of you here will ever lift those weights so have nothing to worry about.
you have to factor in size though. dude is like 300 lbs of solid muscle. i'm sure none of us here are close that build so it def wouldn't take anywhere near 800 for something like that to happen to us. if you're sub 200, squatting 400 lbs could easily destroy you if you aren't careful. just one wrong move and it could be a wrap. I used to be 160 squatting 400....used to take pride in it. but now i'm just like fukk it. I don't go over 225 anymore. them heavier weights take a toll on you.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alot of lifters don't understand the after effects of carrying weight and straining on their bodies overtime. I know former bodybuilders with massive back damage, not including hernias bulging out of places you wouldn't think.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Ronnie is an exception. Not the rule, he had bad hips to begin with and was juiced to the gills which can't be good for connective tissue trying to keep up with rapid muscle growth .

Just my opinion, most of us aren't being paid to front squat 800lbs and maintain single dight body fat at 300lbs

You can fukk yourself up royally using 185lbs in the gym.

listen to your body and make sure your movement patterns are as correct as you can possibly have them be.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Squats and deadlifts are something I won't be doing passed 35. They're good but taxing and older I get I don't want to put my body under such pressure to be honest.

I think so long as your form is correct and you aren't using too much weight, you should continue to do them so you maintain strength and mobility as you age.

I see a lot of people in the gym with shytty form doing these exercises however, so for those people they shouldn't be doing them at all.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I had to go all the way back with low weights when it came to squats and deadlifts and made sure my form was correct before slowly moving up. I really hate doing both of them, especially deadlift but there's no denying that they're both extremely important.

semtex

:)
Daps
That's why I don't stress lifting heavy no more. Been on that german volume wave. Even though I do still lift heavy relative to the volume I'm using. Like Phil Heath said, if you ain't seeing checks from this shyt then don't risk your health for it. I plan on doing this shyt for as long as I'm alive so I can't be doing stupid shyt that could put that at risk. Lots of brehs don't think long term they just think "get big as fast as possible by any means then stop"

Last edited: