Ronnie Coleman Broke His back. Unable To Walk

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If y'all don't get the fukk outta here with this bullshyt :camby:

nikkas really trying to scare people out of doing Squats and deads because Ronnie fukking Coleman, who took h high doses of steroids, lifted ridiculously heavy weights, had several previous injuries, and never deloaded or took time off, got hurt. Again. :stopitslime:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He got a check for doing what he did so him lifting heavy ass fukk weights and sacrificing his back is what it is, he's a professional.

Now for your average gym dude trying to go do 5 plates on deads with straps ( my philosophy has always been if you cant hold it or need a spot with it you shouldn't be lifting it ) struggling and straining for no reason at all outside trying to look like they strong :francis: that's dumb as hell

I might see where im at and put some super heavy shyt up maybe every 6 months but that's without spots and with perfect form. Regular workouts I get hella burn just from super settin compounds with whatever accessory muscles im using.

For example If its chest day, im hitting tris right before bench so that accessory muscle is fatigue and I don't have to put as much weight on my chest to get the result that im looking for

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
That's why I ditched squats and deadlifts....shyt is not worth it at all...Look at Chris Cormier...All you gotta do is round your back or turn your head when you do those movements and it's over, a one way ticket to snap city.
Dude had an infected spine.... I'm guessing from taking vitamin S with a dirty needle. Whens the last time u heard of someone getting an infected spine from a strain/injury :jbhmm:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Dude had an infected spine.... I'm guessing from taking vitamin S with a dirty needle. Whens the last time u heard of someone getting an infected spine from a strain/injury :jbhmm:

I guess you skimmed through that article. Dude clearly says he hurt his back trying to look at some chick while he was squatting. I said I don't do stiff legged deadlifts, deadlifts, or squats anymore not to freak out other posters but from personal experiences from myself and others. Chris Cormier used gear but you caping for caveman lifts making dude look like a heroin addict lol.

And here's the interview...try to take your time and read it.

Chris Cormier: Hospitalized For Two Months And Relearning To Walk!

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bunch of fukking pussies. Squats and deads strengthen your core and believe me it's possible to pull your back benching with perfect form.... or doing bicep curls,I saw someone destroy their lower back doing cheating bicep curls,couldn't get out of bed for two weeks ... The reason people snap their backs is because of rubbish form and lifting too much weight. When you enter the gym, you leave your ego at the door or you will fukk yourself up and you can do it on many exercises,not just squats and deads.

I start beginners off with deadlifts. Really light 3 sets 10-12 reps . But I make sure their form is perfect,the guy who taught me was on the stage with arnold, franco columbo taught him to deadlift . Watching another mans ass, and lower back is a small downside to keeping my members with strong backs,so their money keeps flowing in and they don't get injured . Squats I wait until intermediate, simply because we only have two racks and the really big boys are on them and the guys I mainly have on the beginners programme are people who just go gym 3 times a week and have office jobs , so I show them the leg press. But I show people the deadlift from day one .

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
I didn't know this...

Can y'all tell me the back story on how he broke his back?! :huhldup:

I'm having lower back problems right now but it's something I ignore and fight thru most workouts.

REST REST REST...STRETCH. AVOID DEADLIFTS AND SQUATS...OR GO LIGHT.

I hurt my back in dec 2014, didnt rest enough and hurt my back 2 more times. Went to doctors, no major injury. Just cant lift heavy on deadlifts and squats.

I avoid them and just started doing pushups, pull ups, dips and air squats.

Im no body builder. Just trying to be in shape. Im avoiding weights because i feel 0 pain from calesthenics.

Good luck

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Let's not scare the brehs. I don't think you'll have this problem unless you have really shyt form, put on more weight than you can handle, or don't recover properly.
lol dudes on the coli like "see thats why I don't do squats and deadlifts" when they max is only 225. dudes like ronnie doing like 800-900. Ain't nothing wrong with deadlifts or squats with proper form and everything else you mentioned.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
I'm 6" 7 and 32 yrs old and because of my height I got all sorts of fukking back and neck and knee issues

I started feeling lower back pain doing squats , once with literally two 35lb dumbells and once with a plate on each side barbell...not even fukking heavy

And my form was solid, I stretched before etc

I think it just really depends on the person and their individual circumstances

I had to stop squats all together. It sucks because the leg press and machine squat just ain't the same but I'm trying to make up for it by doing high reps of body weigjr squats immediately after I do leg press or machine squats...so I still get my burn but more high reps

I really miss dead lifts. If anything I found it really helped my back but I got so paranoid I stopped it

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I dont understand you cats saying youre going to stop squatting.
As long as you dont try to squat a ton of weight youre fine.

it honestly just sounds like some of you want an excuse to not do it.
You really think anyone here has done anything close to the training of a Ronnie Coleman?

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
I'm 6" 7 and 32 yrs old and because of my height I got all sorts of fukking back and neck and knee issues

I started feeling lower back pain doing squats , once with literally two 35lb dumbells and once with a plate on each side barbell...not even fukking heavy

And my form was solid, I stretched before etc

I think it just really depends on the person and their individual circumstances

I had to stop squats all together. It sucks because the leg press and machine squat just ain't the same but I'm trying to make up for it by doing high reps of body weigjr squats immediately after I do leg press or machine squats...so I still get my burn but more high reps

I really miss dead lifts. If anything I found it really helped my back but I got so paranoid I stopped it

Rack pulls and tbar rows work the back just as much as deadlifts do. Deadlifts are damn near a leg exercise. Your glutes, hams,hips, and spinal erectors are the main target muscles in that exercise. That's why gym heads who know what they're doing do them on leg day.

Sumo squats and box squats tend to work well for taller lifters

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I'm more worried about my gimpy knee doing squats than my back:francis:
And wearing a belt is a must