Sabrina Ionescu's Nike shoe is one of the most popular shoes NBA players wear in-game

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

SABRINA IONESCU COULDN'T wait for the start of the NBA season. Specifically, the WNBA All-Star circled the Boston Celtics' season opener as appointment viewing, brimming with excitement about Jrue Holiday's debut with his new franchise.

Ionescu, the 26-year-old sharpshooter who grew up in the Bay Area and stars for the New York Liberty, isn't a Celtics fan and has never met Holiday. But she has a personal connection with the two-time All-Star guard: Holiday was the first NBA player to wear her Nike signature shoe, the Sabrina 1s, in game action.

Holiday had worn Sabrina 1s during media day and preseason games, but it was a milestone moment for Ionescu to watch Holiday in a player-exclusive white, black and blue colorway during Boston's Oct. 17 win against the New York Knicks.

"I don't even think I watched the game," Ionescu told ESPN. "I was really just watching his feet."

Over the course of the 2023-24 season, 77 NBA players have joined Holiday in wearing the Sabrina 1s, according to on-court sneaker tracker kixstats.com.

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
They clean fr :banderas:
Nike-Sabrina-1-Bonded-Black-Photo-Blue-FQ3389-001-4.jpeg

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Might have to Nike ID these

Women generally have an eye for aesthetics so I’m surprised more good looking shoes havent been brought out by some WNBA players