Safety vs cornerback

Daps
I dunno but on Monday I'm driving Antoine Bathea to Larry Holmes gardens, his room will be fully furnished

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Corner is harder than safety
That's why when corners get older and lose a step they switch positions

And Ed Reed is probably GOAT. He took a lot of risks but most of them payed off...... and let's not forget about Palomalu :usure:

MF budz

All Star
Daps
To be an elite corner it takes outstanding instincts and phenomenal body control.

safetys have a bit of a cushion and normally don't have to guard one specific man, let alone the fastest guy on the opposing team.

With that being said, Charles Woodson was just hands down that dirty dog that did everything. It would have to be him, ed reed or Troy polamalu.
:mjmich:

Hammer

Banned
Daps
safety is the most useless position on the field

cornerback is way harder. safeties are useless

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
This thread has become comedic.... :heh:

I respect all the great corners that have came through in our generation (perhaps, the reason for the bias), but to say safeties are useless is asinine. You need to look up Ronnie Lott, Merton Hanks, Steve Atwater...... and those are just some of the greats from the 80's and 90's. There are many safeties before my time that are on the NFL All-time Best Safeties list.

Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders... these players blew up WR's, TE's and RB's who crossed the middle of the field and forced many turnovers for their teams.

Other than the notably mentioned cover CB's, Most LB's and CB's in the league today CAN'T COVER all of these highly paid skilled players without intermediate or deep help from......

A SAFETY!

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
If safety is such a useless position.... why do almost all of the greats have a ring?

Or is that just a coincidence? More like a correlation between success and having a great player as your last line of defense..