Salute to Colin Kaepernick: Kaepernick sits during national anthem

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I swear folks gotta stop saying this shyt.:francis:
:comeon: it's a shorthand. Martin was more militant that he gets credit for, but we are what people think we are. He has become the go-to pacification tool whenever black people get too "uppity" about our human rights. There's a reason Kap wore the X hat. I would be all for an MLK reclamation though.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Coach Pop

@2:25 mentions Kaep and Michael Brown. Says "white people don't understand...."

@5:35 "bandwagon military supporters"
damn never been a fan but i am not going to get carried away saluting him for what he said either. I think i am seeing something emerge here, NBA is a black league and its in these coaches like kerr and his best interest to speak on these matters with sensitivity or risk losing the lockeroom and or your job. NFL it seems is in reverse and is still very much a plantation where players protest and coaches, analyst and owners don't even recognise the problem let alone support the protest.Don't think 1 white coach except Kelly who had his own agenda has supported the cause or acknowledged there is a problem.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
damn never been a fan but i am not going to get carried away saluting him for what he said either. I think i am seeing something emerge here, NBA is a black league and its in these coaches like kerr and his best interest to speak on these matters with sensitivity or risk losing the lockeroom and or your job. NFL it seems is in reverse and is still very much a plantation where players protest and coaches, analyst and owners don't even recognise the problem let alone support the protest.Don't think 1 white coach except Kelly who had his own agenda has supported the cause or acknowledged there is a problem.

breh this is GREGG popovich, its not some 44 year old white coach

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

:childplease: Barry gets no credit for that soft ass statement

"Obama added that he believes protesters should be aware that the reason they are able to share their opinions are because people "fight" for them to be able to do so." is a statement that only serves to dilute or dismiss a protest. Imagine someone interrupting the March on Washington to remind black people to salute the soldiers fighting for America :francis: