Reppin
NYC
Ransom Feat. Che Noir & Stove God - GoodTime

Was changed to

Ransom Feat. Che Noir & Stove God - Collateral

Same verses by all three just different beats & name change for some reason

I fukk w both versions though I like both the beats

This is gross :gag:

I was wondering why Good Times been gone for a minute. Didn't realize they changed the name too. Damn

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
til this day, people are looking for 'lord you know' CDQ on the purple haze album

bonus, anybody who samples enya automatically have to change their beat for the album

...that time when Nas couldn't clear the sample for 'Hope' but birthed a bunch of DJ remixes. Rick Ross and Jay-Z used the same sample for 'Maybach Music 1'

Last edited:

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Dope thread

A recent one I ran across was a track of Common Like water for Chocolate. The original version for Geto Heaven got replaced :why:

(w D'Angelo)

(w Macy Gray)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
If any of y’all have various streaming apps, this was the original beat to French Montana’s Bricks and Bags

Can’t find it on YouTube, but if you queue up the version with the beat change, you’ll be totally disgusted

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
The whole point of owning music is to get paid from people sampling the music, whether it be in the form of another song, TV commercial, movie, whatever

Also it's a way for more people to hear your music

When blueprint came out you heard that song from Heart of the city, the original one, in all types of commercials shyt, when them nikkaz probably ain't never seen a royalty of that song since it was first fukking released

It was either Never Change or something just blaze did on blueprint, where the original artist was driving a damn bus then he got a big ass check from ASCAP cuz the Blueprint dropped

Sampling is how the music stays around forever, and gets reinvented every generation

I don't see how anyone could be against that
Easy.

When you own your music, you get to control who gets to sample it. Maybe you don't want a bunch of trash rappers threatening opps over a sample of your work
til this day, people are looking for 'lord you know' CDQ on the purple haze album

bonus, anybody who samples enya automatically have to change their beat for the album

...that time when Nas couldn't clear the sample for 'Hope' but birthed a bunch of DJ remixes. Rick Ross and Jay-Z used the same sample for 'Maybach Music 1'

I have the Lord You Know CDQ.

DukeDaGod put out 2 compilations of all the stuff that couldn't get cleared in their original versions. Outside of an occasional loud ass GOD! GOD! sound, the records are intact. I know this because for the longest time on AHH, we wanted a CDQ version of Oh What A Night so when it finally dropped in 2011, it was like closure to a long journey.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Easy.

When you own your music, you get to control who gets to sample it. Maybe you don't want a bunch of trash rappers threatening opps over a sample of your work

I have the Lord You Know CDQ.

DukeDaGod put out 2 compilations of all the stuff that couldn't get cleared in their original versions. Outside of an occasional loud ass GOD! GOD! sound, the records are intact. I know this because for the longest time on AHH, we wanted a CDQ version of Oh What A Night so when it finally dropped in 2011, it was like closure to a long journey.

Okay, at least a new generation of music is hearing the music, and people will dig for the sample to hear the original song, just like Jay-Z got that Heart of the City song played in a commercial simple because he used it in a song

The true victory of an artist is to have his work admired and appreciated, through sampling they can happen long after your gone and your heirs will never stop making of it, because people will always sample the song the next generation when the hip hop sound evolves

And that attitude is why music is dead, they wanna stop sharing it, people sample the music they crew up, but black people stop making music

Hip Hop is based off the music black people created in the pass, and is just processed into new form to obtain a certain feeling, which is hip hop

the break beat is the back bone of hip hop, it's the tight pocket of loop that gives you that ultimate hip hop feeling, that feel good energy, that power

Genre itself is defined by sampling, that's literally how it started, two turn tables and a mic

Looping the record is what the music is, finding that tight pocket in the recording, people don't understand what hip hop is and that's the problem

you got a bunch of half assed producers who think they are musicians because they mashed out some fisher price melody on a electric keyboard using the same 808 patterns for damn 15 years now

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole point of owning music is to get paid from people sampling the music, whether it be in the form of another song, TV commercial, movie, whatever

Also it's a way for more people to hear your music

When blueprint came out you heard that song from Heart of the city, the original one, in all types of commercials shyt, when them nikkaz probably ain't never seen a royalty of that song since it was first fukking released

It was either Never Change or something just blaze did on blueprint, where the original artist was driving a damn bus then he got a big ass check from ASCAP cuz the Blueprint dropped

Sampling is how the music stays around forever, and gets reinvented every generation

I don't see how anyone could be against that
Never change is a ye beat but interesting