I like to:
- Chop on the kicks or snares
- Raise the attack on the chop to soften the kick or snare
- Layer drums over it

It creates a nice lil texture :smoker:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Lol first beat I made was a reggae sample and I did the same shyt....I posted the beat in the thread I made about putting up your first beat every

lmao when i was doing it i was like :lolbron: im making some straight crack... knowing that in some producer circles it would get me a :ban:

if your going to have drums in the samples you use at least take the lows out... so you can put your own drums as a skeleton..

don't lay kicks and snares over the kicks and snares already in the sample :damn:

put some time in and get the slicing of real samples w/ no percussion...

shyt i barely use break beats... i feeling i'm straight up biting when i do that... i do my own drums, then adjust the tempo of a sample, chop samples into 16ths and rearrange patterns:yayo:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
lmao when i was doing it i was like :lolbron: im making some straight crack... knowing that in some producer circles it would get me a :ban:

if your going to have drums in the samples you use at least take the lows out... so you can put your own drums as a skeleton..

don't lay kicks and snares over the kicks and snares already in the sample :damn:

put some time in and get the slicing of real samples w/ no percussion...

shyt i barely use break beats... i feeling i'm straight up biting when i do that... i do my own drums, then adjust the tempo of a sample, chop samples into 16ths and rearrange patterns:yayo:

Yea before I got the maschine all I would do is loop lol.....I still loop but not as much tho....if I use a sample wit drums the drums has to be real low in the sample so I can mask it

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
struggling with this currently...joint im working on has a light drum to it and i cant seem to chop around it and have it sound right and it has a constant double snare(not sure what to call it) where it hits twice on the 2nd four and it gets kind of annoying with that same snare placement the entire time...trying to figure out ways around it...right now i'm just going with different snare sounds to at least try to keep it fresh but i'd rather take them out altogether so my drum pattern can open up a bit.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
I just layer my own drums on top of it. Even if you barely can hear them.
thats what i've done to this pont...this specific track i'm working on though i dont wanna do it that way because of the constant double snare on the second four...ive been messing with the EQ on it for a couple hours in a separate session and i've been able to get rid of the drums but then it just sounds like its not nearly as clear so now i'm trying to find a happy medium before i ruin my track.

found another song that uses the sample so they proved to me that the drums can def be taken out..i just gotta figure out how.