Samsung Galaxy Watch

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Anybody own the latest galaxy watch? Thinking about purchasing it but need some feedback.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
If it's the gear s3 then i got one. its ok but I had to lose the mobile line when i switched carriers. Use it mostly as a watch with a few texting features. it's nothing special but if you have the money then not a bad thing to purchase. Or get it thru the carrier and pay it monthly. Don't know if they'll be announcing a new version anytime soon but it likely won't come out until the fall. Unless they announced something during the latest announcements.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If it's the gear s3 then i got one. its ok but I had to lose the mobile line when i switched carriers. Use it mostly as a watch with a few texting features. it's nothing special but if you have the money then not a bad thing to purchase. Or get it thru the carrier and pay it monthly. Don't know if they'll be announcing a new version anytime soon but it likely won't come out until the fall. Unless they announced something during the latest announcements.
Anybody own the latest galaxy watch? Thinking about purchasing it but need some feedback.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Nah not the s3. Samsung came out with a Galaxy Watch about 5 months ago. Its their newest flagship watch. Im interested in the 46mm

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have the Gear S3 and it's pretty close to a Galaxy Watch. To be honest I use my Apple Watch even when I use a Galaxy phone. The only reason I have that Gear S3 is because it has the MST Samsung Pay and the Galaxy Watch is NFC only. That feature was a deal breaker for me.

The most use my Gear S3 gets is if I'm on my iPhone and I have to go to Kroger or Walmart after the gym I toss the Gear S3 in the car and use it as a mobile wallet instead of carrying my actual wallet.

The Samsung watches are trash when compared to the Apple Watch. There's just no way around that but at the same time if you don't have an iPhone an Apple Watch isn't an option. Since my backup / change of pace phone is an iPhone X I can use an Apple Watch whenever and if I'm on my Galaxy it just syncs with the iPhone when I get home.

The Samsung watches just don't have the app support. If you're only using the native Samsung apps and you're cool with that then they're fine. Once you want to integrate other apps and smart home device controls from your watch the Samsung watch either can't do it or is highly inferior. To be honest the Apple Watch doesn't have all the full support of app makers either but it has probably 2x the support that the Samsung watches do.

If I had to do it all over I wouldn't have bought the Gear S3. It was a waste of money.

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I have the Gear S3 and it's pretty close to a Galaxy Watch. To be honest I use my Apple Watch even when I use a Galaxy phone. The only reason I have that Gear S3 is because it has the MST Samsung Pay and the Galaxy Watch is NFC only. That feature was a deal breaker for me.

The most use my Gear S3 gets is if I'm on my iPhone and I have to go to Kroger or Walmart after the gym I toss the Gear S3 in the car and use it as a mobile wallet instead of carrying my actual wallet.

The Samsung watches are trash when compared to the Apple Watch. There's just no way around that but at the same time if you don't have an iPhone an Apple Watch isn't an option. Since my backup / change of pace phone is an iPhone X I can use an Apple Watch whenever and if I'm on my Galaxy it just syncs with the iPhone when I get home.

The Samsung watches just don't have the app support. If you're only using the native Samsung apps and you're cool with that then they're fine. Once you want to integrate other apps and smart home device controls from your watch the Samsung watch either can't do it or is highly inferior. To be honest the Apple Watch doesn't have all the full support of app makers either but it has probably 2x the support that the Samsung watches do.

If I had to do it all over I wouldn't have bought the Gear S3. It was a waste of money.
thank you for that insight. I dont use samsung pay, call me old fashioned but i still prefer to pay with my debit card. To be quite honest with you, i dont need a smart watch, but i just want something that i can read texts quickly without taking my phone out of my pocket. I do agree that the apple watch is alot more accessible and has better support especially in its ecosystem. But i dont fukk with apple at all. So the apple watch is a definite no for me.
Got the galaxy watxh
And this shyt fire:blessed:

I be dying laughing at them calculator Apple watches:skip:

Ugly ass square shyt

People see my watch and the dope ass bands and watch faces I switch and be like:whoo:
Ive had my $15 armitron watch for 3 years and now i feel its time to step up. I already ordered the 46mm watch. Cant wait to see what its about and customize it to my liking.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Got the galaxy watxh
And this shyt fire:blessed:

I be dying laughing at them calculator Apple watches:skip:

Ugly ass square shyt

People see my watch and the dope ass bands and watch faces I switch and be like:whoo:

THE APPLE REP GOT EXTRA TIGHT WHEN I TOLD HIM HIS WATCH LOOKS LIKE AN TI-83.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Got some band recommendations?
I got multiple bands and cases

And bought a bezel to go on it

Got this case

2j34ho5.jpg

In gold, black and silver

Got this band

Watchband-Soft-Watch-Strap-Milanese-Magnetic-Loop-Stainless-Steel-Wristband-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-46mm-watchband.jpg_640x640.jpg

In gold and blaxk

These my favorite

The gold band with gold case fire

Also got a bezel on it
Like this

1bf80fc5c39a7e61a239897e0db3f2b4.jpg

I got a bunch of other bands

But I'm stuck on the magnetic ones

Got this
Also
14jcjts.jpg

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
I've been using the watch for over a month now. Great battery life and lifestyle implementation. Monitors basic workout activities and sleeping patterns, with Samsung pay built in. Went with the 46mm version and I haven't been disappointed. Great device

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I just bought a amazfit bip, if i knew samsung was dropping a new fit watch i would have waited.

:whoa: not saying amazfit bip aint worth it.