School Shooter's Parents to Stand Trial for Involuntary Manslaughter

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Can someone explain exactly what they did that makes them guilty of a crime?

Please spare us any vague statements or proclamations. We all hate violence, we all think EVERYONE with culpability in the commission of a violent act should be held appropriately accountable. I’m asking what specific actions you think they took that warrant them being convicted of a crime.
Bought thier son a gun and ignored multiple warnings from the school.

That's gotta be gross negligence at the very least.

Daps
Bought thier son a gun and ignored multiple warnings from the school.

That's gotta be gross negligence at the very least.
If you buy a gun for someone who can’t get a gun themselves, you should be held responsible for whatever they do with that gun. That’s a pretty clear line in the sand and is common sense. I can rock with that. IANAL, so I don’t know if the actual laws say this, but I’m with it.

I also think it should be a law that you can’t buy a gun for someone period. You can give them the money, you can use your credit card, but they should need to complete the process of purchasing the gun themselves so that it’s confirmed they can legally own that gun.

What specific ignored warnings are you referring to that makes them guilty of a crime? Only one I saw was that they declined to take him from school hours before the shooting. If his behavior wasn’t alarming enough to have the school remove him or police called, I don’t see how one can argue the parents should have reasonably known he was about to commit a crime when none of the other adults involved did either.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps

Please spare us any vague statements or proclamations. We all hate violence, we all think EVERYONE with culpability in the commission of a violent act should be held appropriately accountable. I’m asking what specific actions you think they took that warrant them being convicted of a crime.
They bought him the murder weapon despite very valid concerns about him from the school.

Laughed off multiple warning signs about him, including him searching for ammunition on his phone while in class.

Ignored calls to take him home after he got caught drawing guns in class.

And from all the texts after the rampage happened, they knew what he was doing, knew what he was capable of and were grossly negligent at best, actively encouraged his behavior at worst

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
I’m conflicted about this shyt because on one hand, when it comes to CACs they will know their child is fukked up and STILL let them have access to guns.

On the other hand, I can think of a few ways this could potentially be weaponized against us.

Exactly. This will be used on BLACK people ONLY down the road

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If you buy a gun for someone who can’t get a gun themselves, you should be held responsible for whatever they do with that gun. That’s a pretty clear line in the sand and is common sense. I can rock with that. IANAL, so I don’t know if the actual laws say this, but I’m with it.

I also think it should be a law that you can’t buy a gun for someone period. You can give them the money, you can use your credit card, but they should need to complete the process of purchasing the gun themselves so that it’s confirmed they can legally own that gun.

What specific ignored warnings are you referring to that makes them guilty of a crime? Only one I saw was that they declined to take him from school hours before the shooting. If his behavior wasn’t alarming enough to have the school remove him or police called, I don’t see how one can argue the parents should have reasonably known he was about to commit a crime when none of the other adults involved did either.

They bought him the murder weapon despite very valid concerns about him from the school.

Laughed off multiple warning signs about him, including him searching for ammunition on his phone while in class.

Ignored calls to take him home after he got caught drawing guns in class.

And from all the texts after the rampage happened, they knew what he was doing, knew what he was capable of and were grossly negligent at best, actively encouraged his behavior at worst
I just watched the news story on this, if you care to look it up, it is as Starboy52 said. Not only that, but that school counselor asked them to ask psych therapy for him, and they refused. They had also classified him as "potentially violent," and were patting him down everyday (unsure of what happened with that the day of)

So all of the information you are saying you want is readily available.

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In a story that I read the father purchased him a gun even though they knew his son had mental issues and had been discussing voices and seeing blood. I also think that story mentioned that he had talked of harming either himself or othe people.

The parents should be charged, because they purchased a handgun for him. He was a minor. He didn't find a gun laying on the ground outside. His father actually purchased his son the gun and gave it to him.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
that is a crime (straw purchasing) but it's basically never enforced. the last year i saw atf stats for, there were 13k ppl referred for federal prosecution (for buying guns for felons/cartels/domestic abusers/etc.), but only a dozen were charged. another aspect is that for the gun in this case to qualify as a straw purchase, the prosecution would have to prove that the parents knew their child would be using the gun to commit a crime, which would be a high bar to clear.

edit: like i thought they aren't being charged with that, the prosecution's theory is that they were negligent to the point of involuntary manslaughter
The Court concludes that sufficient evidence has been presented to allow a reasonable juror to find factual causation and to allow a reasonable juror to conclude that the deaths of the victims were a direct and natural result of the Defendants’ gross negligence. The Court further concludes that the criminal misconduct of the Defendants’ son was an intervening cause but that a reasonable juror could conclude that his actions were reasonably foreseeable. Therefore, the causal link between Defendants’ actions and their liability for the deaths of the victims, as alleged by the People, is not severed by the actions of their son. A reasonable juror could conclude that the action of the Defendants’ son was a related link in the causal chain.

Last edited:

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
This will be weaponized against black parents/families eventually.

Be careful what you ask for.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I’m conflicted about this shyt because on one hand, when it comes to CACs they will know their child is fukked up and STILL let them have access to guns.

On the other hand, I can think of a few ways this could potentially be weaponized against us.
This. Part of me also thinks that while it can do harm to the community, it can also do some good. It may literally force some to be more mindful of how they raise their kids, knowing they can get done in as well. For this case, I'm not conflicted but as a concept going forward, I'm deeply conflicted.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
The lax, dismissive and loose parenting of the last 2 decades will come back to haunt many parents raising pieces of shyt.

As for these wild cacs..they gave their son a glock at 15 to instill supremacy in his born loser mind.

Creative prosecutors will apply this to Black "mass" shooters - drivebys. So it's a lot of single moms that might catch a case. A lot of the cases will be BS, but defending your name or taking a plea is not a choice that you want to put in parents.

This particular case, the parents really dropped the ball - even though the school was trying to tell them to get their son some help.

I can easily see this being weaponized.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

From what I've read the kid was caught trying to buy ammo online by teachers and he was drawing pictures and leaving notes implying he wanted to shoot up the school. They had multiple meetings with the parents over the matter and the parents did nothing, they actually bought a gun for their son.

it's illegal to give a gun to someone younger than 18. buying him that gun when he had clear signs of mental illness and warnings from the teachers might also reach the level of criminality.

If you can prove they committed ANY crime leading up the the shooting then you can make a case for involuntary manslaughter.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I just watched the news story on this, if you care to look it up, it is as Starboy52 said. Not only that, but that school counselor asked them to ask psych therapy for him, and they refused. They had also classified him as "potentially violent," and were patting him down everyday (unsure of what happened with that the day of)

So all of the information you are saying you want is readily available.

That would require effort though

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Fine with this if it proven the parents were warned, somewhat aware, refused to get help etc

Don't think it's fair in those cases where it catches the parents by surprise toi