Serious thread: You ever feel ALIENATED from society sometimes?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
First of all: I should preface this by saying I come from a unique situation and maybe this is the reason that I tend to feel this way more often than not. It's taken me a while to fully contextualize these feelings into words that other people could truly comprehend without veering off into anything to abstract. And
i do not want to come off as some holier than thou douche bag writing this. Some of you are going to make fun of this and pop jokes, that's cool. I So...here it goes.

I think in a way, I've always felt alienated from this society. There are days where I truly wonder what my place is in this life and in this world...not just this country called America.

The older I get, absolutely nothing about this society makes sense to me. I really feel at times I am on the outside looking in of EVERYTHING. Luckily my outlook on life at the age oif 33 hasn't hindered my ability to find happiness...but I am constantly questioning my surroundings.

I don't even know how to express it.
:yeshrug:
Other than by saying if I had a choice to opt out of this society...I would in a heartbeat.
tumblr_ny2ic6cVav1rsyukao1_1280.jpg

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
I use to have that feeling back in college/start of my professional career until i started traveling and seeing whats more to life.

I am still on that journey to find self but at least im enjoying it in my travels

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Sometimes, I feel because of this, it's hurt my chances at truly living the life I want to live but...eff it.
:yeshrug:
Maybe if I didn't question this society so much I wouldn't feel alienated by it.
Maybe if I just "played the game" and swept myself up in a whirlpool of ignorant bliss, I would feel more willing to be an active participant in this society.
This society that has judged you, sized you up, built you up, broke you down. This society that has taught you, from child, to teen, to adult that it must be taken seriously more than anything else, even the very facets of your existence and the fibre of your being.
This society that teaches us our value due to our height, weight, beauty, skin colour, class, sex, gender, orientation, and how to deal accordingly with it.
Even though under these things that make up the husk of our physical bodies, we are all consistent of the same bone structure.
This society that puts money on the highest pedestal even over people and things.
This society, that tells us, that if we don't go to college, graduate, get a good job, get married, have kids, that we are not worthy to be living in it.

Ok...I give up writing this...
:lolbron::mjlol::russ:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
All the time bro and I'm at the point of not giving a fukk. Granted like, I'm still going follow the law, but for now it's me and ME only. I've learned the hard way that you can't trust people.

I didn't turn on society; society turned on me.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Somewhat, it feels everyone's living just to live and I want something extraordinary. I would rather fall from the penthouse than refuse to take a step after reaching the 1st floor.

My life experiences and my traditions make it such that I can shut off my humanity and deal with most social situations that crop up. But few can do this, and I come off as cool, calm guy when I'm anything but.

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I use to have that feeling back in college/start of my professional career until i started traveling and seeing whats more to life.

I am still on that journey to find self but at least im enjoying it in my travels
Definitely feel you on that one. I was on the loner vibe for most of my college experience. I think getting a job that made me work with people changed that completely.
And I've taken interest in more productive things, and I now know how to just be.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Do you feel alone? If so I think it’s by design. The capitalistic design of America creates this every man for himself attitude. We don’t really encourage unity and community.

If you on that fukk society tip. It’s like minded people out.