Serious thread: You ever feel ALIENATED from society sometimes?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
fIRAffo.jpg
This.
:wow:
James Baldwin the GOAT

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
U can opt out by ending yourself
Why would I do that when there is better to come?

That's the thing, people think life just "ends". No, you're still living, still breathing, still working on yourself, trying to be a better individual than the last day and a better individual tomorrow.

I dealt with depression, thought about shyt like that, not even worth it. Things get better depending on your output and willingness to make things better. You don't see shyt get better if you don't do shyt with your life. You have to actively change your life situation.

And sometimes, that drive and will to become a better person might not resonate with others, resulting in that feeling of alienation. But that's a good thing cause it allows self-reflection.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Do you feel alone? If so I think it’s by design. The capitalistic design of America creates this every man for himself attitude. We don’t really encourage unity and community.

If you on that fukk society tip. It’s like minded people out.
I've been on that tip. I got to get mine. No one's gonna give it to you. And being a black man in this country adds that additional stress where people are actively trying to get in your way of being successful cause they threatened. This country will alienate you if you let it.

I was out in Pittsburgh with my family at the mall on black friday, everyone's in their little own world, it's like almost impossible to get through to people anymore. It makes me want to avoid being social and work on myself more.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Being broke certainly does a number on the psyche
Facts.
Being broke will fukk you up mentally and physically in so many ways. And in this society, damn it can even be traumatizing. I hate that we allow it to get to this point, but I feel there's only so much we can do as a society. And that's another alienating element. That feeling that you're not really "in" that crowd, you're moreso observing it from a distance and not really actively engaging in it.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I alienate myself from society on purpose. Most people just aren't worth associating with.

There is more than one society though. There are hundreds, thousands. I'm guessing there is a certain one you feel excluded from, though
Ain't that the truth.

I don't neccessarily feel excluded, persay, but definitely existing in a form somewhat independent of the larger mass.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I don't get the love people have for social media and putting ALL their business on the internet. And the way people don't respect privacy anymore.
It's funny in this environment, how we have all of this advanced communication technology to connect us to each other and we still find it odd of discomforting to talk to people in real life. It's really done a number on us.