Settle this debate for me. Was Cam'ron ever a superstar?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I don't know what the verdict was in this thread, but Camron/dipset got their legs cut out from under them via politics from people like jay-z & such.

same could be said for a number of other rappers.

this is the real reason the east coast fell off. old washed-up rappers refusing to pass the torch and playing dirty to stay afloat.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yes. He's a certified superstar. The movement still moves on.. he never needed to commercialize or market himself as something that he wasn't. Last of the real authentic rappers who could still relate to the street level. Not to mention he had the greatest business mind and backing of Dame in support.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Yes he was a superstar. Dipset is more influential than I think some nikkas realize.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
No. Everyone had mainstream exposure in his era

shyt Chingy and Paul Wall were bigger names then Camron
- says the dude from Madison, Wisconsin...
you lost your mind and outta your lane. :stopitslime: Chingy is a one-hit wonder, off Nelly's momentum and Paul Wall only got his 5 minutes of fame movement in the south and from his grills, and he's white :hhh:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
- says the dude from Madison, Wisconsin...
you lost your mind and outta your lane. :stopitslime: Chingy is a one-hit wonder, off Nelly's momentum and Paul Wall only got his 5 minutes of fame movement in the south and from his grills, and he's white :hhh:
:dahell:

The question is "was camron a superstar", not was he a legend

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I don't think he was a superstar, have to have the consistent crossover success to be that. He was big though, sold records and put the hood on pink.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Cam was never a superstar...:mjlol:

and I'm a Cam stan....so suck a dik...no homo...:umad:

But RS...Cam was a superstar in the sense that he definitely had the streets (east coast) and Dipset had a vicious cult following...:blessed:

He was ascending to that level...til Jay and Hov began their shyt and the ROC began to rapidly dissolve...:mjcry:

Superstars were Jay...X (who was fading)...Fif...Em...artists of that ilk. Wayne began to ascend soon after.

Cam never reached those levels. Be a revisionist and say he was tho...:manny: