Shaq exposed as being a hypocrite (Kyrie)

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I hope you're talking about the OP and the majority in this thread.

For Shaq to be a hypocrite, he would have needed to commit the same action as Kyrie (relatively speaking), which was linking/promoting the film, himself. There's no evidence that Shaq did that. He owns an establishment - he doesn't physically go out there and promote the films in which the theater shows. If he did promote this documentary back in 2019, than yes, that would make him a hypocrite, and this thread would have merit.

But what the most likely scenario is, he has no cotdamn idea of the films that get shown at his theater (he's owned it since 2012, just think all the 100s of films that have been shown since then). He just owns it. He unlikely has any input or oversee in the day-to-day business of what films are shown. This is the same dude who owns over 150+ restaurants and 40+ fitness centers. Do you think he has time to vet every film that is shown?

Shaq maybe guilty of a lot of things, but it's unfair to call him a hypocrite for this when there's absolutely no evidence of that being so.

It's disinformation.
You're right. Shaq's movie theater can host and advertise the movie on their platform because they're a movie theater and Shaq has plausible deniability in terms of whether he knowingly hosted the movie or not on his platform.

That's why the rules don't apply to him and he can make money off the film, gets zero real social smoke for hosting and profiting off the movie on his platform and is not a hypocrite.

Kyrie Irving is not a movie theater, he's a person and also does not have plausible deniability as he posted it himself.

That's why the rules apply to him and why the NBA is taking punitive action against him while they maintain positive working relationships and say not a peep publicly about the people who are able to make money off hosting the movie on their platforms.

Daps
You're right. Shaq's movie theater can host and advertise the movie on their platform because they're a movie theater and Shaq has plausible deniability in terms of whether he knowingly hosted the movie or not on his platform. That's why the rules don't apply to him and he can make money off the film and gets zero real social smoke.

Kyrie Irving is not a movie theater, he's a person and also does not have plausible deniability as he posted it himself.

That's why the rules apply to him and why the NBA is taking punitive action against him while they maintain positive working relationships and say not a peep publicly about the people who are able to make money off hosting the movie on their platforms.
Read my post above.

The director's church actually rented out the theater and sold the tickets themselves for a one-time screening.

Are we really going to hold Shaq morally liable for that? How many independent film makers would've hired out that venue to host their own shyt since 2012? Does that make Shaq in any way shape or form a hypocrite? Or even in the same ball park of guilt? You don't see the senselessness in this thread?

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
If anyone actually did some basic fact checking (which of course, goes against the nature of this disinformation ass thread) -
August 22, 2019, CityPlex 12 Newark

- this is NOT the same documentary as the one Kyrie linked/promoted (granted, it's more of the same smart-dumb content, but not the same one)
- it was hosted by Beth El International Church Ministries, and the only way you could buy tickets (other than at the door), was actually through their website.
- there was only one screening.

To recap:

Essentially the BETH-EL International Ministries rented out a theater (as @Nigerianwonder first mentioned), which they actually sold the tickets for, themselves, and they screened a different film to the one Kyrie actually linked.

Different film
One screening
Sold their own tickets.

And yet y'all wanna call Shaq a hypocrite.

I'mma need y'all to come answer to this:

@ReturnOfJudah
@b̶a̶'̶a̶l̶
@UpAndComing
@RhodyRum
@Jesus Is Lord
@Based Lord Zedd

And anyone else that fell for this trap of a thread.
Dig up a post with me saying Shaq is a hypocrite for this. @ me when you find it. And when you don’t, stop mentioning me, weirdo.

Daps
Dig up a post with me saying Shaq is a hypocrite for this. @ me when you find it.
You know what you was doing. Don't play no games.
And when you don’t, stop mentioning me, weirdo.
You literally ran up in this thread quoting four of my posts trying to make some dumbass point, and yet you wanna come with this "stop mentioning me" backpedaling all the way back to the sideline shyt.

:unimpressed:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
You know what you was doing. Don't play no games.

You literally ran up in this thread quoting four of my posts trying to make some dumbass point, and yet you wanna come with this "stop mentioning me" backpedaling all the way back to the sideline shyt.

:unimpressed:
So you couldn’t find a quote from me calling Shaq a hypocrite? Now you come with this nonsense. Shall I post where yo mentioned me out of the blue to start all of this?

Uncle Tom Weirdo.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Alot of y’all guys stupid. Commenting and wasting your time on bullshyt

We all know kyrie is a damn idiot.

Don’t care for the punishment, but it’s a damn dummy who is smart dumb, believes every conspiracy like flat earth and that’s why people ain’t standing with him.

shyts simple

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Read my post above.

The director's church actually rented out the theater and sold the tickets themselves for a one-time screening.

Are we really going to hold Shaq morally liable for that? How many independent film makers would've hired out that venue to host their own shyt since 2012? Does that make Shaq in any way shape or form a hypocrite? Or even in the same ball park of guilt? You don't see the senselessness in this thread?
Bro the rules are the rules fam, I don't know why we're trying to make exceptions and look for out clauses. You own a venue that someone used to show an anti Semitic film and made profit off it.

Where is his public shame and accompanying apology for not doing his due diligence in properly vetting the kind of information being hosted on his platform? Where is his public commitment to improving the vetting system he has in place to ensure these kinds of films don't get shared on his platform in the future? Y'all really trying to tell me Shaq somehow has ZERO accountability on the nature of the films his platform promotes?

Oh wait, it's no longer "promotion" because his platform is a movie theater and not Twitter.

Ok. Y'all win.

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Why can't you argue against the rationale of my argument?

This thread is about Shaq being a hypocrite, and you know very cotdamn well, that isn't that case (well, certainly not in accordance to the evidence in the OP). This is just another cheap trick of a thread that's flooding disinformation around this matter. I've been consistent in every thread around this saga in calling this out.

:manny:

Because again, your argument isn't based on logic, it seems emotional/personal. You are frantically posting about this, but it doesn't seem to be convincing anyone. Why are you so invested in this?

Although I'd say calling Shaq a hypocrite here is a weaker argument than calling out Bezos/Amazon (which you also don't seem willing to do), it is a legitimate argument. If they asked Shaq today if he'd allow the movie to be hosted in his theatre(s), I bet he'd say no, because he knows it'd be a bad look.

It's his own fault that in the past he didn't have control over what was shown at a business he owns. I don't think that Shaq's theatre airing the movie means Shaq endorsed it, just that he has no room to speak on Kyrie.

Daps
Bro the rules are the rules fam, I don't know why we're trying to make exceptions and look for out clauses. You own a venue that someone used to show an anti Semitic film and made profit off it.

Where is his public shame and accompanying apology for not doing his due diligence in properly vetting the kind of information being hosted on his platform? Where is his public commitment to improving the vetting system he has in place to ensure these kinds of films don't get shared on his platform in the future? Y'all really trying to tell me Shaq somehow has ZERO accountability on the nature of the films his platform promotes?

Oh wait, it's no longer "promotion" because his platform is a movie theater and not Twitter.

Ok. Y'all win.
Read again -
If anyone actually did some basic fact checking (which of course, goes against the nature of this disinformation ass thread) -
August 22, 2019, CityPlex 12 Newark

- this is NOT the same documentary as the one Kyrie linked/promoted (granted, it's more of the same smart-dumb content, but not the same one)
- it was hosted by Beth El International Church Ministries, and the only way you could buy tickets (other than at the door), was actually through their website.
- there was only one screening.

To recap:

Essentially the BETH-EL International Ministries rented out a theater (as @Nigerianwonder first mentioned), which they actually sold the tickets for, themselves, and they screened a different film to the one Kyrie actually linked.

Different film
One screening
Sold their own tickets.

And yet y'all wanna call Shaq a hypocrite.
I don't care for whatever knots you're trying to tie your argument in.

I want you to address that post I made and tell me why you think it was necessary to make a thread like this that only muddies the waters of the conversation.

His platform didn't promote the film (it wasn't even the same one). BETH-EL International Ministries rented out a theater, and sold their own tickets for a different documentary. Anyone that's trying to get Shaq in a gotcha with this is on some disingenuous shyt; not out to speak to any truth, but just to throw disinformation out there for their own political agenda.

Daps
Because again, your argument isn't based on logic,
My entire argument is based on logic. Gon'head and find the holes in it.
Although I'd say calling Shaq a hypocrite here is a weaker argument than calling out....
See, now, this is the second-time you've tried to deflect from the actual topic of the thread, which is telling. Who do you think you're foolin' trying on these whataboutisms with me?

You've got me fukked up.
It's his own fault that in the past he didn't have control over what was shown at a business he owns. I don't think that Shaq's theatre airing the movie means Shaq endorsed it, just that he has no room to speak on Kyrie.
Well, the director's church actually rented out a theater and sold the tickets themselves, so it's not like Shaq's establishment actually went out and attained the film and then distributed it. It was a third party who screened it and it was a third party who sold the tickets. All they did was use a venue that Shaq owned. It's hardly cause to use in evidence to trip up Shaq.

You're one of those posters that's not seeing the bigger picture here; that can't see the amount of disinformation that is distorting this matter.

It's not about Kyrie, and it's not about Shaq. Both of them are pawns in this.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Saw shaq in a Papa John's commercial and just shook my head. Although I am unsure if the nword Nazi pizza dude is still associated, so maybe it's cool.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Saw shaq in a Papa John's commercial and just shook my head. Although I am unsure if the nword Nazi pizza dude is still associated, so maybe it's cool.

He's not but some brands can't escape their spokesperson.

People still associate Subway with Jared...