Shaun King responds to accusations that he’s a fraud.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The word grifter was around before Nap.

You don't think shaun king may have chosen this path because it makes him money?

Wasn't he a former pastor/preacher. They know how monetise the pain of others better than most.
Grifter (used to be 'grafter') is a term that used to be interchangeable with a small-scale con man who specialized in duping dumbasses everywhere he'd go.

51tSVm4sOpL.jpg

I dont even think 'Grifter' applies to politics at all, since politics is not small-scale con jobs, and most people on there are beyond simple con men with basic schemes.
Always found it funny that people chose this term to shyt on progressives :heh:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Damn that’s a long ass read. Read through the first post and I don’t know he seems legit. I don’t know why the coli always bashed him. He’s always putting work in for positive things to be done while it seems like cats like Tariq are all talk. ( I could be wrong :yeshrug:)
forreal man. all i know is when that young woman in jacksonville got her teeth knocked out in her own home by the sheriff's dept i was hoping it would get his attention and get her story out there.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:mjlol:It's already been proven time and again he is 100% white. Looks exactly like his 100% white Father and 100% white blood brother.

:mjlol:Just because you cut your hair into a low-cut fade don't make you mixed.
He even has a makeshift soul patch :russ: :scust:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:If he's so "authentic", why lie about being white?

:mjlol:If he'll lie about that, he'll lie about anything.
The thing is his organizing and work have nothing to do with himself.

He doesn't work toward building a personal brand, getting clout, getting sponsorships, trying to be famous. He posts nothing but verfiable information thus I've never had to vouch for his word. He doesn't have to trick people

I followed him for years on twitter and the only things I've read about his personal life was on here. The only time I've had shaun king discussions that are actually about shaun king himself are on here. His actual twitter feed is all about police brutality and organizing. Yall nikkas be on his dikk more than his bytch

Its funny because the only folks that should have smoke for him are racists but here we are

Daps

He doesn't work toward building a personal brand, getting clout, getting sponsorships, trying to be famous. He posts nothing but verfiable information thus I've never had to vouch for his word. He doesn't have to trick people

I followed him for years on twitter and the only things I've read about his personal life was on here. The only time I've had shaun king discussions that are actually about shaun king himself are on here. His actual twitter feed is all about police brutality and organizing. Yall nikkas be on his dikk more than his bytch

Its funny because the only folks that should have smoke for him are racists but here we are

The Never-Doers, the I Can't-ers and the You Can't Eithers.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Wouldn't lying about his RACE in college point to him being a troubled young man? and wouldn't continuing the charade well into adulthood point to a lack of character?

Young people grapple with issues of identity, and we give them a pass for it . By the time you're older, it's expected that you would have worked those things out and come to terms with who you are.

You dismissed this as though it has no bearing on anything. It's okay if white people perpetrate like they are biracial?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn't lying about his RACE in college point to him being a troubled young man? and wouldn't continuing the charade well into adulthood point to a lack of character?

Young people grapple with issues of identity, and we give them a pass for it . By the time you're older, it's expected that you would have worked those things out and come to terms with who you are.

You dismissed this as though it has no bearing on anything. It's okay if white people perpetrate like they are biracial?
I dismissed it because it has nothing to do with police brutality and shaun kings work. I dont interact with shaun kings pages outside of his work.

Like if his identity issues strikes him out of contention of being your father figure then sure he doesn't measure up. But they have no bearing on whether the information he posts on police brutality is false or if the causes he fundraises for are legitimate

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I dismissed it because it has nothing to do with police brutality and shaun kings work. I dont interact with shaun kings pages outside of his work.

Like if his identity issues strikes him out of contention of being your father figure then sure he doesn't measure up. But they have no bearing on whether the information he posts on police brutality is false or if the causes he fundraises for are legitimate
"Father figure", really?
Deflection aside, I can point to people of questionable character who run charities that feed and provide medical care to those who otherwise wouldn't receive those things. Does the work they do make them above criticism?

Catholic church skated for years on the '"bu bu bu bu but they do important work" shield.