should black history month include entire diaspora or should it be kept strictly African-American?

• Total voters

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
How? As far as I know he isn't biracial, he's Afro-Latino. So who on the coli would say he isn't black?

Secondly, even IF he were biracial, that wouldn't stop him from being a black historical figure while being acknowledged as mixed.

*looks at join date*

:whew: you're new here breh, u will see just what he means. people on this forum tend to spit in the face of logic.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
No offense breh but y'all "Afro-Latinos" are the biggest monkey wrench in the bind of Pan-Africanism. I agree with the thread title, but no Afro Latinos.

Yo I know it's fukked up but I don't know I find this post so funny

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
This kinda division is fuel to the white supremacy machine

The only difference between an Afro Latino and African American is one boat stopped and one kept going, fukk outta here with that bullshyt
I get what he is saying though. There are a lot of Afro-Latinos who deny being black.

Tae

All Star
Daps
The craziest part of the whole thing is now you got black people complaining about what they're being taught during black history month when it was created by us and for us. Black history month should be a month long celebration of our history with fairs, presentations, speakers, block parties, etc.

But instead you got black people complaining about white people only GIVING US the shortest month of the year to celebrate ourselves :wow:

My brother is one of the founders of the "Black History Month in June" initiative :snoop:
I'm like why don't you start with making sure what is being taught in schools is informative and accurate instead in worrying about what month its in, as if 1-2 days will make a difference. :mindblown:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I get what he is saying though. There are a lot of Afro-Latinos who deny being black.

yea but i think that speaks to the misconception of what the term "black" means in some places. some places and people equate "black" with AA. the first girl that spoke at length said she isnt black but in the same breath said she is afro-latina.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Like I said, its fuel to the white supremacy machine. These people marketed slavery as an African American plight, I didn't even know Jamaicans were enslaved until my teens. Only until a few years ago did I realize the extent it reached across the continent

Our ignorance is their power

Fam, I remember someone on this site telling me that it was only African Americans who really got it bad. I'm sitting there reading the shyt confused as fukk. Millions of Africans were killed by King Leopold in Congo (and god knows how many had limbs cut of and were tortured). Millions were killed in South Africa by the Oppenheimer's, Debeers', and Rhode's. Countless millions were enslaved and tortured in South America. But some of these cats really think only us in the US were the ones suffering :wow:

But on another note when I was younger I used to think the only slave revolt there was, was Nat Turner's revolt. Come to find out they were happening all of the diaspora, and in large Numbers. Gasper Yanga in Mexico, Vincent Oge in Saint Dominique, Samuel Sharp in Jamaica, Jack Gladstone in Guyana, and of course the French Revolution in Haiti. It wasn't until I was in my 20's when I heard about La Amistad.

Growing up I used to think we were just sitting there in chains begging for the white man to free us. Come to find out we were revolting all over the planet :wow:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
this is kind of an odd question because the month does already contain plenty of Afro West Indian and continental culture celebrations in it

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

i made the thread because i was going to post some afro-latinos in the black history month thread but wanted to see how ya felt about it first. i have no ill intentions. fukk u.

Fuuck you too. I already know your M.O. You don't give a FUUCK about black people (African American or African) so FOH.

3xpGtd2.png

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South

33:25 Says Jamaicans hustle far harder than Dominicans there(notice how he raises his voice when he says Dominicans :russ: )

36:20 He basically calls Dominicans hoe ass c00ns that wish they were white. Not all, but collectively of course.

40:00 shyts on Dominicans a little more saying they see themselves as different from other Africans.

:yeshrug: Afro Latinos been on that "I no black Papi" shyt for so long people don't wanna fukk with them :mjlol:This deserves it's own thread, please someone make it.

@7Revo here is that show I was telling you about. I finally found it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My brother is one of the founders of the "Black History Month in June" initiative :snoop:
I'm like why don't you start with making sure what is being taught in schools is informative and accurate instead in worrying about what month its in, as if 1-2 days will make a difference. :mindblown:

You should ask him if he knows who Carter G. Woodson is. If he says no, troll his ass to death :russ:

• Dap
Reactions: Tae

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Fuuck you too. I already know your M.O. You don't give a FUUCK about black people (African American or African) so FOH.

3xpGtd2.png

whatever man u dont know shyt about me. either add to the discussion or kick rocks fakkit.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

33:25 Says Jamaicans hustle far harder than Dominicans there(notice how he raises his voice when he says Dominicans :russ: )

36:20 He basically calls Dominicans hoe ass c00ns that wish they were white. Not all, but collectively of course.

40:00 shyts on Dominicans a little more saying they see themselves as different from other Africans.

:yeshrug: Afro Latinis been on that "I no black Papi" shyt for so long people don't wanna fukk with them :mjlol:

@7Revo here is that show I was telling you about. I finally found it.

Def will watch later on.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@bdizzle you have any comprehensive books on all the slave revolts that you named? Also any books on the plight caused by King Leopold, Openheimmers, Debeers, and Rhodes?