Should Men Always -- Or Even Usually -- Pay For Dates?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Pay for the first date...unless it's terrible and you don't care whether you see her again or not. After that, I think it can go either way...or dutch. But, at least put your best foot forward and pay for the first date (take her out somewhere that won't break the bank).

and get a hug and a you seem like a great guy text but.....

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
nikkaz wont even spend 50 bucks on a birthdya gift for mommy or grandma, but will hand over that cash fora chick who doesn't even care about em and has 3 other dates lined up that week

That's the sad thing, breh.

nikkas will not even treat their parents to a nice dinner, but will spend a bunch of money on some chick he barely knows.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to pull out a bullshyt analogy that you males seem to love. If I invite you to a party at my house I don't expect you to bring food drinks, etc. It's the same for a date. If YOU ask someone to go somewhere then YOU pay. If they ask you then YOU pay, and THAT is equality.

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wanna take you out, just pay the tip... You down? Lol
Nope. Not single.

I don't like that "you take care of the tip" bullshyt. Who cares? I don't even like tipping, but I do it because it's customary here. If you want to treat me, then do it. I'll appreciate it. If you don't want to, then whatever...I make more than enough to look after my bill. That's corny to me.

It's cool to bring your man lunch at his workplace...just because....or if he's having a shytty day/week, treat him to a nice night out to lift his spirits up. It's not about the money, it's about doing something nice for someone just because it makes them smile.