Should WrestleMania be One Night or Two Nights?

Wrestlemania: One Night Only or Wrestlemania Weekend?

• One Night

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • Two Nights

Votes: 50 62.5%

• Total voters

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I vote one night but if they keep it at two, whatever. You lose that Sunday morning feel though of waking up knowing it’s Wrestlemania Day.

That’s one thing NFL has over every league. Super Bowl Sunday is its own day. Winner take all. No best of 7. No multiple days. One Sunday. That’s what help makes the buzz and the feeling of Super Bowl Sunday so special. That’s what WWE had/has. You move it to Saturday too and yes, we’re all “diehards” so we’ll watch and enjoy but it’ll lose its luster a bit.

Like to me, as special as Bianca and Sasha was, Roman/Edge/Bryan are still ultimately closing out the show and to me that makes them the main event main event. One day makes it one all-in main event. Not “ nightly main events” which is where we’re headed. I mean I guess AJ can say he’s main evented a WM now since Saturday night’s last match is now considered a main event.

I like @ThaBronxBully vision of making it like All Star Weekend. Make Saturday a special night where you can throw in 2-3 matches along with other white noise like a concert and skits and interviews and whatever. Basically, the Axxess party USA aired before WM15 + 2-3 matches. But Sunday is still the show of shows.

Wednesday: Hall of Fame
Thursday: Takeover
Friday: Smackdown
Saturday: Wrestlemania Saturday Night (not the main show)
Sunday: Wrestlemania
Monday: RAW

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Going to Wrestlemania = 1 night
Watching at home = 2 nights

Like someone said earlier, Wrestlemania is like a big festival where there are events happening all the time, except during the actual event. When I went for 34 in New Orleans, I did HOF, NXT,Mania, Raw, and Smackdown. In addition, I went to a live Bruce Pritchard podcast, Wrestlecon, Kevin Nash party, HOH show, Kajui Big Batel, and some other events. The only one I wanted to go but couldn’t was the ROH show and that was because it was at the same time as Takeover. So much dope stuff to do as a wrestling fan that whole weekend. Two nights would definitely cause a lot of shows to run very early or very late due to Mania.

however at home, two nights let’s the performers actual have decent length matches instead of a constant barrage of 3 minute matches or a slew of multi person matches. definitely makes viewing the show better for me.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I like TwoDayMania

It's just a more superstar focus product and able to not wear out a crowd..

It honestly better for the Superstars, because when you only on the card with 6 other matches. Your match doesn't get marginalized as bad. Ceasro vs. Rollin would get shyt on a 14 match card, but it truly got to shine on a 7 match card.

If Kofi vs. Bryan could main event. It would of been one of the Greatest show enders. In retrospect, that match gassed out the crowd and was worthless the rest of the night.

Wrestlemania 35 really could of used the two day format.

So, this whole 8 match card is never gonna happen. Look at Wrestlemania 35 and tell me WWE is gonna go backwards.

Him

ASHTRAY BYTCH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
I would prefer one night so I wouldn’t have to put other shyt off on a Saturday night.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It should be one night in theory, but at this point, two nights makes a lot more sense.

You guys have to understand that this company has issues with booking long shows that they didn't before. Since 2016, they've stopped treating WrestleMania like an honor and more like an end-of-year party. There's no reason a show should start at 7 and end at 12:30, with a two-hour pre-show before. 32 was going to be trash regardless, but 33, 34, and 35 all could have been a lot better if they were two nights. Under one night, matches were shorter than they should have been, treated disrespectfully because of a bored crowd, or were rushed because the show was running late, and a huge roster means they try to get everyone a spot on the card. WWE used to know how to utilize its time properly, but not anymore. What's the point of them having a one-night show if they're as long as the opera? The only reason I watched last year is because it was two nights.

Add to the fact that they have more titles now than they used to, and damn near all of them get defended at the show. :unimpressed:

And that doesn't even go into the fact that literally every PPV is four hours now, which they did just so they could handwave the fact that WrestleMania turned into a marathon. :gucci:

WrestleMania is the most important time of the year. It always had a uniqueness to it. Making it two nights helps bring that uniqueness back. Unless they decide to cut the card down, and make it a strict four-hour show like it was for thirty years, I don't ever want to see it be one night again. And like others said, WWE doesn't go backwards. Two nights is not only necessary, but it makes WrestleMania enjoyable again.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Like to me, as special as Bianca and Sasha was, Roman/Edge/Bryan are still ultimately closing out the show and to me that makes them the main event main event. One day makes it one all-in main event. Not “ nightly main events” which is where we’re headed.

i don't think most people are viewing it that way though.. there will be a lot of crossover but there will be some people who only watched last night or were only in attendance last night..

Plus.. i do agree that Roman would probably have main evented this year on a combined show but Sasha/Bianca is the only other match that had an argument.

as much as i am a fan of Lashley and The Hurt Business .. Lashley/Drew would have been midcard status on one show.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Two nights is obviously where they should go as the roster's grown and the top women in the company have evolved.

Trying to trim it down to one firm 4 hour card isn't realistic anymore, and that's why the past decade was full of 8-hour trudges where fans at home and in the building were completely dead by the end of the night.