Skincare/Beauty/Haircare Random Thoughts

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
back at it again! courtesy of my sister who has like a million dollars in sephora credit for whatever reason.

she got me:
olaplex 0 and 3 :queen:
2 tubing mascaras :wink:
a dior lip oil 💄
and some beauty blender stuff.

I never tried tubing mascara before but it's amazing, might not go back to regular!
This may be a thread for females, but Olaplex is good stuff.
Tell your sister that a dear friend needs some coupon codes for Olaplex No 6.

Thanks.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Finally decided to start doing my own hair/learning how, I’m over these hair ladies not knowing what they’re doing or messing my stuff up with their high prices.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Vitamin A deficiency.

I should be straight there, don't have any other vitamin A deficiency symptoms.

8 Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin A Deficiency
Dry Skin.
Dry Eyes. Eye problems are some of the most well-known issues related to vitamin A deficiency. ...
Night Blindness. ...
Infertility and Trouble Conceiving. ...
Delayed Growth. ...
Throat and Chest Infections. ...
Poor Wound Healing. ...
Acne and Breakouts.

I need pore strips or to get professionally exfoliated.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I should be straight there, don't have any other vitamin A deficiency symptoms.

8 Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin A Deficiency
Dry Skin.
Dry Eyes. Eye problems are some of the most well-known issues related to vitamin A deficiency. ...
Night Blindness. ...
Infertility and Trouble Conceiving. ...
Delayed Growth. ...
Throat and Chest Infections. ...
Poor Wound Healing. ...
Acne and Breakouts.

I need pore strips or to get professionally exfoliated.

Green Tea face mask.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Can you ladies give me some perfume recommendations for my girl? Want to get her fragrance collection up to par with mine but she's indecisive and doesn't really know what she likes. Looking to buy maybe 4-5 different bottles for her.

Sunshine

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Can you ladies give me some perfume recommendations for my girl? Want to get her fragrance collection up to par with mine but she's indecisive and doesn't really know what she likes. Looking to buy maybe 4-5 different bottles for her.

In order to help her figure out what she likes, ask yourself some questions.

What type of person/woman is she?

Is she fun? Carefree? A loner?

Does she prefer romantic settings at night? Picnics? Other outdoor activities?

Is there a particular season she enjoys more than others?

All of that information can be used to match her with fragrances that she may love. When you are researching the scents that I will name below, among others, take a look at the feelings associated with the fragrance. The company (perfumer/house) will often tell what they were going for in the description (I will give an example below) and based on that, she will know which fragrance to use for each occasion or mood.

Idole Nectar is still an amazing scent (I have talked about it before). The caramel popcorn note is more noticeable as the day goes on, but it's a beautiful blend with the rose and vanilla as well.

Mugler's Alien Goddess is sexy and contemporary imo. A mix of uniqueness and style. It will make her smell edible.

Blockade by Mind Games is PHENOMENAL! It's a bold scent that will garner compliments galore! It is to be used sparingly. I will give a tip on making expensive fragrances last.

To "lift and carry" a pricey fragrance ($250+), purchase candles that contain one or more of the base notes and burn them at bath/shower time. Continue to burn the candle until the skin is no longer damp. It really helps to amplify fragrances and makes them last all day, as it fuses with the natural body scent.

In fact, it works so well that I have received compliments when I am not even wearing perfume.

Below is a portion of the description of Chanel's fragrance COCO:

COCO expresses the intensity of Mademoiselle’s personality. A mysterious, provocative ambery scent that gradually reveals its contrasting notes.

A fragrance such as COCO can be worn on nights out with you, or when she is feeling extra "frisky" or seductive. Chanel has better scents than COCO, but it was an example that shows how the company tells what feeling/action the scent is targeting.

Last edited: