SNITCH THOT who set MAX B UP ONLY GOT 15 YRS: FREE MAX B

Daps
Keep seeing people say Max should have took the plea...For those that dont know how it went down- this female (SNITCH- GINA CONWAY
timthumb.php
)

This thot met a dude, set up the lick, told Max about it, and then went back to do the lick after he approved-- Still dont see how or where he "masterminded" anything- Read this article if you never got the details of Max B's case. I can see how he didnt take the plea, he just had a shytty lawyer, that and never do a crime with a female because they SNITCH 100% of the time, and have a lifetime of practice at looking innocent and playing victim to authority.... Appeal rejected for ex-girlfriend of rapper Max B in fatal Fort Lee hotel holdup ‹ Cliffview Pilot

"An appeal by the ex-girlfriend of jailed rapper Max B that her confession should have been tossed and her sentence reduced for a botched armed robbery at a Fort Lee hotel that left one victim dead has been rejected by a New Jersey court.

Given the circumstances, Gina Conway’s confession to a Bergen County Prosecutor’s detective clearly wasn’t coerced, while her appeal of the sentence was “without sufficient merit to warrant discussion,” the state Appellate Division found.

Conway, 36, will continue serving out her 15-year sentence following the state Appellate Division ruling. She’s eligible for parole in 2019.

Conway was following orders from Charly “Max B” Wingate when she and his brother-in-law, Kelvin Leedram, forced their way into a room at the Holiday Inn on Route 4 in September 2006, then bound and gagged two of the victims.

Leedram later shot and killed a third man, who police said was buying drugs.

Charly “Max B” Wingate

Wingate is serving a 75-year sentence and won’t be eligible for parole from Trenton State Prison until Nov. 9, 2042. Leerdam, meanwhile, got life.

Conway got her 15-year deal after agreeing to testify against both men.

Detective Mark Bendul of the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office explained during their trial that he and other investigators arrested Conway in a New York City subway station at 12:35 a.m. on Sept. 28, 2006, a few days after the murder.

As they put her into a police car, Bendul said, Conway told them: “I didn’t want to do any of it.”

t “took a lot to just keep her calm enough so that we could conduct an interview when we got back,” the detective said, because Conway “wanted to talk and tell the story.”

Bendul said he later interviewed her for four hours in a small office at a nearby precinct. She was “a bit distraught” but also “completely coherent” and “relieved from not having to run anymore,” the detective testified.

He emphasized during his testimony that he neither promised Conway anything nor threatened her. “When [she] asked for a cigarette she was given a cigarette; when she asked for water she was given water; when she asked for a bathroom break,” the appeals decision notes. “She was not deprived of food or anything else she requested.”

Bendul advised Conway of her rights on the recorded interview and had her complete a form confirming that she understood those rights, it adds. She also signed a waiver and agreed to speak to the detective, evidence shows.

Superior Court Judge Harry Carroll, who presided over the trial, listened to the recording and read the paperwork before denying Conway’s bid to suppress her confession.

Conway’s rights were “scrupulously read and respected,” Carroll found. The length of the interview wasn’t “prolonged or extended” to the point of her not voluntarily participating, he added.

Conway claimed that Bendul should have taken her crying and yawning as signs that the interview should have ended.

The appeals judges disagreed: At one point during the interview, they noted, Bendul asked Conway: “All right, so you think we’re going to be able to continue with this?”

“Yeah,” she responded.

Screen grab from former site on which Wingate proclaimed his innocence

Although Conway at one point said she was scared, she clearly was referring to “the circumstances of the crime,” and not Bendul’s interrogation, the Appellate Division decision says.

There was “no evidence of any threats, force, or coercion at any point during the interview
which would cause this [c]ourt to conclude that the [l]aw [e]nforcement efforts rendered [Conway’s] resulting statement involuntary in any way,” the appeals court found.

Carroll was correct in concluding that “ample credible evidence” showed her statement was “knowing, voluntary, and intelligent,” they added.

Although he wasn’t at the scene, prosecutors said Wingate orchestrated the robbery/murder.

The rapper, known by the New Jersey State Department of Corrections as “INM 641403,” repeatedly has said in prison interviews that he expected his appeal would be upheld.

“I’m staying strong. I’m focused. I’m praying,” he said from prison last year. “God is good. I’m still wavy, aooww.”

Max B made his name working with the Harlem collective The Diplomats – and, more importantly, with big-name rapper Jim Jones. Wingate is credited as co-writer on one of Jones’ biggest hits, “We Fly High,” and is featured on the single “Baby Girl,” as well as several other tracks by Jones.

The two split over money, leaving Wingate still under contract to Jones’s ByrdGang Records. He began releasing mixtapes and He took the nickname “Max Biggaveli” as an homage to The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z and Tupac Shakur (who used the handle “Makaveli”).

Wingate eventually signed a three-album deal and was preparing to release a debut album, “Vigilante,” when Leerdam and Conway went to the Holiday Inn at his direction.

Their targets: Two men seen driving expensive cars and flashing cash days earlier in Harlem.

Two of the victims were involved in mortgage, real estate and credit card fraud. One of them was known to carry a Louis Vuitton bag stuffed with as much as $40,000 in cash.

He noticed Conway, a stripper at the Bronx nightclub Sin City, on the street one day, introduced himself and took her to a local bar – then to a Mahwah hotel, where he unsuccessfully tried to seduce her, court papers show.

She left around 4 a.m. and took a cab to the city, where she met Wingate and gave him money.

Wingate booking photo (COURTESY: Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office)

Two days later, the man picked up Conway and took her shopping in Bergen County. Conway called Wingate in an effort to make him jealous, then went with the man to the Fort Lee Holiday Inn, according to testimony from their trial.

There, he “opened the designer bag several times to impress Conway, who thought it contained approximately $50,000,” court papers show.

Later that night, he dropped her off in Manhattan and met his associate and two women, spent the night in a club, then brought one of the women to the hotel. His associate brought the other. The two couples took separate rooms.

Before going to bed, the man had all but $1,000 of his cash, as well as his wallet, jewelry and car keys under the plastic liner of a trash can. He stashed the cash under the mattress, then went to sleep.

Conway, meanwhile, took a cab to a basketball court near 135th Street and Fifth Avenue, where she met Wingate and some of his friends.

She took Ecstasy and drank some Hennessy, then told Wingate about her new friend.

When he asked her how much money the guy had, Conway testified, she told him “a lot.”

Conway said Wingate vowed “to get him,” but that she took it to mean his money.

After she told him where the man was staying, Conway told jurors, Wingate summoned Leerdam, filled him in, then called a cab and sent the pair to Fort Lee.

The taxi driver stopped for gas on the way. Conway pulled up in another car, Conway said, and told her he would love her forever if she “pulled it off.”

The cabbie and the couple went to two other Holiday Inns before they found the right one. They told the driver to wait while they went inside.

On the way to the room, “Leerdam put on gloves, took duct tape from his pocket, and displayed a handgun,” court records show. “Conway, who had not seen any of these items previously, became nervous because this was not part of the plan.”

Conway used her key card, but it wouldn’t open the door to the room. She called the man’s cell and could hear it ringing, but he didn’t answer. So she knocked on the door.

The hooker answered, “told Conway and Leerdam that [their target] was sleeping, and tried to close the door,” the decision says. “Conway used her foot to prevent the door from closing, and she and Leerdam entered the room.”

Leerdam grabbed the woman by the hair, pointed the gun at her head, and demanded the money and the man’s car keys.

Conway said she searched the room as he slept.

She said Leerdam shoved the hooker into the bathroom and told her to “tape her up, which Conway did, duct taping [her] wrists, mouth, and ankles.”

The victim “got a good look at Leerdam and noticed a scar on the left side of his face,” according to court papers.

Conway said she then woke the man. She said Leerdam told him not to look at him or he would be shot, so he did.

Conway said she duct taped his hands and eyes. He then told them about the money under the mattress.

While the couple searched the room, the victim lifted some of the tape and saw what was happening.

“He eventually told Leerdam and Conway that the rest of the money was downstairs in a friend’s room,” the decision says.

Holding the gun to the man’s head, Leerdam forced him to call his friend, David Taylor.

When Taylor came to the room, Leerdam pointed the gun at his face.

The man reached for the gun and it went off, prosecutors said.

The man fell dead, shot in the head and neck.

Conway scooped up cell phones, a laptap and clothes the first man bought during their shopping spree. She also went through the dead man’s pockets and took $800.

Leerdam, meanwhile, took Taylor’s watch and changed into his clothes. He then smashed the other man in the face with the gun, while Conway took the hooker’s purse, threatening to kill her and her family.

Before leaving, the couple told the man they would come back and kill him if the money wasn’t in his friend’s room.

The man freed himself, though, and chased after them. He punched Conway, who screamed. Leerdam turned toward him with the gun and the man ran.

The cabbie noticed Leerdam in the new clothes, then drove the couple to Leerdam’s city apartment.

Leerdam then called Wingate, records show.

Conway took a bag containing the stolen items to New York, where she met one of Wingate’s friends. They then took a bus to his Bloomfield apartment, the decision says.

She left the bag there, took another and went to Wingate’s sister-in-law’s house. She called Wingate from there and he said “he was sorry for what had happened and would take care of her,” according to the decision.

Investigators later found two Holiday Inn key cards, cell phones, a laptop, car keys, clothing, a wallet, and a camera in the bag. When they arrested her, “she gave them a statement implicating Wingate and Leerdam,” court papers show."

Last edited:
Daps
Never really knew about this Max B case, but my god! How the fukk is dude in prison for this? I could have got him off based on these facts.

If you google his lawyer, you'll see his lawyer was disbarred, now is a yoga instructor, and was taking money from clients for cases withouyt doing any work-- in plain words- max got finessed by his lawyer- and it happened while he was fighting a murder case :snoop:

Daps
If you google his lawyer, you'll see his lawyer was disbarred, now is a yoga instructor, and was taking money from clients for cases withouyt doing any work-- in plain words- max got finessed by his lawyer- and it happened while he was fighting a murder case :snoop:

You would think they would look over all of his lawyers cases and examine them to define which ones he fukked up...Can't he get a new laywer and a retrial?

shyt is terrible.

Daps
You would think they would look over all of his lawyers cases and examine them to define which ones he fukked up...Can't he get a new laywer and a retrial?

shyt is terrible.

I would think so- I guess it depends if he got the resources for it. If he has good lawyers now, no doubt that will be part of their next appeal-

Details on the BS lawyer that screwed him and others over: Former Roberts & Saluti Employee Charged With Theft - Law360

Law360, New York (December 9, 2014, 6:26 PM ET) -- A former practice administrator with Newark, New Jersey-based Roberts & Saluti LLC who accused the firm of pocketing clients' retainers without performing work and improperly firing him for cooperating with a state Department of Labor inquiry has been indicted by a state grand jury over charges of theft.
Gabriel Iannacone, who accused managing members Gerald M. Saluti and Richard M. Roberts in his March Bergen County whistleblower suit of misconduct and making his life miserable after his allegedly wrongful termination — including falsely claiming that he is thief — was charged with theft by unlawful taking and uttering a forged instrument, second and third degree violations, respectively.

The indictment, handed down by an Essex County grand jury Nov. 20, says Iannacone stole more than $75,000 from the firm and forged nine checks from the firm’s attorney trust account sometime between Jan. 1 and Aug. 31, 2013.

Iannacone also alleged in his complaint filed in March that the firm convinced a client to say that he impersonated an attorney, interfered with his unemployment benefits, and claimed that someone from the office contacted his longtime girlfriend and lied that he was having an affair.

Saluti was suspended for three months in January after the New Jersey Supreme Court agreed that he committed several ethics infractions while representing a defendant who faced charges that involved the online sale of pharmaceuticals, such as overstating the results he could achieve for that client and failing to cooperate with disciplinary authorities.

Iannacone painted himself in his complaint as an integral part of Roberts & Saluti and predecessor firm Saluti Law Group LLC from April 2011 through August, when he was fired. Saluti and Roberts were in constant need of cash to support their lifestyles, and Iannacone was responsible for producing 30 percent to 50 percent of all revenue, the complaint said. Saluti Law Group, as well as a onetime associate of the firm, Christopher Balioni, were also named as defendants.

The alleged DOL investigation arose after a fired attorney applied for unemployment benefits, the complaint said. The department demanded to know why that attorney wasn't paid on the books and subpoenaed Iannacone, who appeared before the agency over the objections of Roberts and Saluti, according to the complaint. The case has been suspended by a Bergen County judge.

Counsel information for Iannacone was not immediately available.

The charges are being prosecuted by Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Assistant Prosecutor Walter Dirkin.

The case is The State of New Jersey v. Gabriel Iannacone, case number 14007702, in the Superior Court of New Jersey.

— Additional reporting by Martin Bricketto. Editing by Ben Guilfoy.

Daps
His sentence was rediculous, but we can't Cuban B his stupidity and role in this either. No one told him to hire Harvey Birdman

I mean if you really think about it- How do you even know whoa good lawyer is?? I mean theres always a big name or two in every city but after that...how do you know? Even iff he knew, he was clearly struggling and couldnt have got a "Cochran" type... He clearly wasnt gettin no help from any industry friends really-- said he was getting $300 a show while he was writing hits and thats it!

Details on his financial situation at the time: Lord Is Tryna Tell You Something: How Charly Wingate Became Max B

"How long after that did the incident with Gina and Kelvin happen? It was all in the mix. Everything was crumbling with Jim. That’s not an excuse for the situation, I'm just saying. That’s what made me drift, to where I wasn’t supposed to be. Because it was hard being around these dudes (while they make tens of thousands and im broke). Like, I can’t do what I love, what I'm here to do. I know that’s why God put me here. I'm here to make this music right here, to put this thing together. They was fukking it up for me.

Who was?
Jim, all of them. They was just fukking it up. They was under this impression—I think they all adopted this from Cam’ron—they were all into this impression that the new guys must pay the dues, and they don’t deserve this, and when they go out on a show they only get $300. I'm like, "What the fukk, are you fukking kidding me?" I'm like, "Number one: I do all the fukking records around here. Number two: all the records we producing in the studio—these are fukking singles you puttin’ out, radio spins! Where’s my shyt? Why when I go perform at a show, and you making excess amount of dollars, you making ten, fifteen grand, how the fukk is you giving me $300? I'm doing eight, nine fukking records! I'm out here sweatin’ too! When you got drama and beef in different cities, and motherfukkers is throwing chairs on the stage—they throwin’ them shyts at me too! I want money." This is what all the beef start stemmin’ from. I always needed money. I'm like, "I need money. I can’t live off $300. Naw, man, you gotta pay me accordingly. Or let me make my own money. Let me get my own manager, or assistant. Let me book my own shyt."

IT’S JUST A SAD SITUATION. THIS WHOLE ORDEAL, I'M JUST SADDENED BY EVERYTHING. EVEN THE VICTIM, THE FAMILY, EVERYTHING. UNFORTUNATE EVENTS OCCURRED. AND YOU CAN’T CHANGE THEM. BUT I'M SAD THAT I'M HELD LIABLE.

There was arguments, there was disrespect every night in the studio. To where, I didn't want to go in. Some nights he had to call me: "Yo, come and work." "I don’t wanna go. I don’t like this shyt no more."

I got out on bail in 2007, summertime. My bail was like $1.5 million. No way I think I'm gettin’ out. I'm thinking, "Who’s gonna come get me." But we found a way. My tangible songs, I was able to sell some publishing to those, for some money. When I got out of prison, my buzz got bigger, I became more recognized. People was runnin’ up on me in the street—"Yo Max, let me get a autograph." Soon as I got out of prison, my man Bruno said, "Yo Max, when you come home, you gonna be something special." So I see the buzz, I see the energy. And when I came home this time, it was the same thing with these guys in the studio. No recognition, like, "Come on, give me my proper due. Where’s the etiquette here?"

This time I was so flared up and angry. I had got some songs on the radio, and then waited 'till them songs got in rotation with [Funkmaster] Flex, and let everybody get a little glimpse of me this time, I put out another mixtape. And then once I knew I had the buzz, I went in the studio, stole a few more records, my records, and I started something I knew the city, the rap game, was gonna eat up. I started a beef. I had to. It was me against the world. "

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
Generic Qoute said:
Conway, meanwhile, took a cab to a basketball court near 135th Street and Fifth Avenue, where she met Wingate and some of his friends.

She took Ecstasy and drank some Hennessy, then told Wingate about her new friend.

When he asked her how much money the guy had, Conway testified, she told him “a lot.”

Conway said Wingate vowed “to get him,” but that she took it to mean his money.

After she told him where the man was staying, Conway told jurors, Wingate summoned Leerdam, filled him in, then called a cab and sent the pair to Fort Lee

Is there any hard evidence that confirms her version of events as being factual? Because all I see here is what she SAID to have occurred, which is meaningless to me. I'm curious, what evidence did law enforcement show to convince a jury that this conversation happened exactly like she stated? If anything, the sequence of events indicate the plot was the girl's idea, since she knew the victims location and knowledge that they had money. Did Leerdam account of the robbery verify her narrative or something? What am I missing here?

Daps
Is there any hard evidence that confirms her version of events as being factual? Because all I see here is what she SAID to have occurred, which is meaningless to me. I'm curious, what evidence did law enforcement show to convince a jury that this conversation happened exactly like she stated? If anything, the sequence of events indicate the plot was the girl's idea, since she knew the victims location and knowledge that they had money. Did Leerdam account of the robbery verify her narrative or something? What am I missing here?

All tha questions you ask, dont make Max B innocent- but do make it more crazy that hes doing 75 years, his bro doing life, and the THOT who PUT it together doing 15-- hE HAD A shytTY LAWYER point blank-- we all know it aint about innocence or guilt in a court of law- its about knowing what motions to pull, and how to finesse all these legal techniques :mjcry: