So did anyone else notice this GLARING plot hole in Belly?

Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
Or is it just me? :patrice:

I know this thread probably belongs in the Film Room, but since hip hop is such an integral element in the film, I decided to post this in The Booth.

So I'm watching Belly (for the 1000th time), and it just occurred to me that the whole "Knowledge needs bail money" story line is some bullshyt. I mean, if Shamiek could go through all that trouble - setting Rico up and buying/leasing luxury cars and shyt... couldn't HE just have posted Knowledge's bail? :what:

Seems like he had enough cash to do so.

Like, why the fukk did Tommy have to do it? And not only that...you think threatening fam is going to help you? Talking about "where my muthafukkin' bail money at?" You don't talk greazy to people (especially when YOU'RE the one in a bind), and expect them to lend a hand.

shyt don't work like that.

Had Sha bailed Knowledge out, things would've played out much more interestingly - in my opinion. It would've made for a more compelling film, I think.

Just my two cents.

Daps
Reppin
Cuz it wasnt Shamiek job to do so, and no telling how much the bail was based on what Knowledge saying "Never seeing the light of day" I believe..

Knowledge should've utilized his resources - or shyt, been smart enough to stash some money on the side in case he got jammed up. I mean, they were raking in a lot of dough.

When he saw that Tommy wasn't paying up, instead of wasting time and energy schemin' with Sha - fam could've just bailed him out and Kno could've handled Tommy in person. Like I said, that would've made shyt more interesting.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Knowledge should've utilized his resources - or shyt, been smart enough to stash some money on the side in case he got jammed up. I mean, they were raking in a lot of dough.

When he saw that Tommy wasn't paying up, instead of wasting time and energy schemin' with Sha - fam could've just bailed him out and Kno could've handled Tommy in person. Like I said, that would've made shyt more interesting.
There's a code and level of accountability.

There are responsibilities in a partnership.

It was written in that sense for a reason.

Daps
Reppin
There's a code and level of accountability.

There are responsibilities in a partnership.

It was written in that sense for a reason.

I hear what you're saying, but Knowledge would've been waiting forever on that bail, which is why he should've just gone with an alternative instead of scheming on Tommy. Why in the world would Kno sit behind bars waiting on bail from a nikka he knows FOR A FACT won't pay it? And is NEVER gonna pay?

And is out there, breathing fresh air moving about freely while Knowledge is incarcerated.

Where's the logic in that? :stopitslime:

If Kno really cared about his freedom, he would've gotten money from elsewhere and he very well could've. That's all I'm saying.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
I hear what you're saying, but Knowledge would've been waiting forever on that bail, which is why he should've just gone with an alternative instead of scheming on Tommy. Why in the world would Kno sit behind bars waiting on bail from a nikka he knows FOR A FACT won't pay it? And is NEVER gonna pay?

And is out there, breathing fresh air moving about freely while Knowledge is incarcerated.

Where's the logic in that? :stopitslime:

If Kno really cared about his freedom, he would've gotten money from elsewhere and he very well could've. That's all I'm saying.
To make it simple - Knowledge didnt have the money it was so high, and needed whatever Tommy could scrap together, but Tommy was on the run BECAUSE the operation got shut down by being snitched on and talking dirty on the phone, and more than likely tied more shyt to NYC. They owed Ox, Tommy was down to selling weed in Atlanta and for characters sake was pissed off Knowledge had more game and knew better, got everybody twisted, so fukk you and your bail nicca.

Daps
Reppin
To make it simple - Knowledge didnt have the money it was so high, and needed whatever Tommy could scrap together, but Tommy was on the run BECAUSE the operation got shut down by being snitched on and talking dirty on the phone, and more than likely tied more shyt to NYC. They owed Ox, Tommy was down to selling weed in Atlanta and for characters sake was pissed off Knowledge had more game and knew better, got everybody twisted, so fukk you and your bail nicca.

Hmmm... when you put it that way.... :patrice: