So did anyone else notice this GLARING plot hole in Belly?

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
LETS LOOK AT BAIL MOTIONS IN THE REAL LIFE EQUIVALENTS IN THE 80S.AND 90S DRUG CASES.

MANY WERE DENIED BOND WHATSOVER "FLIGHT RISK ETC"

BUT IF THEY WERE IT WAS NOT UNCOMMON FOR MID LEVEL DRUG DEALERS TO NOT HAVE ENOUGH FOR BAIL .

LIKE HOW BIG WAS KNOWLEDGE?
HE WASNT BIG MEECH BIG.
HE WASNT NO RAYFUL EDMONDS OR RICK ROSS.

HE JUST KNEW A BROAD IN NEBRASKA TO GET shyt CRACKIN.

HIGHLY PLAUSIBLE HE DOESNT HAVE THE BAIL MONEY.

ALSO AS A PLOT DEVICE HIS TEMPORARY FREEDOM BY MAKING BAIL WOULD HAVE HAD VERY LITTLE IMPORTANCE.

IT DOES NOT.CHANGE IN ANY MATERIAL WAY TOMMY BUNS' PREDICAMENT. REGARDLESS TOMMY IS ON HIS OWN AFTER HE GET SNITCHED ON BY RICO AND THE SPOT GETS RAIDED

Daps
Reppin
the land of oochie wally AND one mic
LETS LOOK AT BAIL MOTIONS IN THE REAL LIFE EQUIVALENTS IN THE 80S.AND 90S DRUG CASES.

BUT IF THEY WERE IT WAS NOT UNCOMMON FOR MID LEVEL DRUG DEALERS TO NOT HAVE ENOUGH FOR BAIL .

HE WASNT BIG MEECH BIG.

ALSO AS A PLOT DEVICE HIS TEMPORARY FREEDOM BY MAKING BAIL WOULD HAVE HAD VERY LITTLE IMPORTANCE.

IT DOES NOT.CHANGE IN ANY MATERIAL WAY TOMMY BUNS' PREDICAMENT. REGARDLESS TOMMY IS ON HIS OWN AFTER HE GET SNITCHED ON BY RICO AND THE SPOT GETS RAIDED

You make some valid points. HOWEVER, in the film it appeared that Tommy and the crew were cashing in something serious. You mean to tell me Knowledge couldn't have set some money to the side for a rainy day or emergency? A little insurance, if you will.

That would've been the smarter thing to do. Just saying.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Based on a true story and the state was Ohio...

PS:Lordz vs Godz, Steubenville, Ohio.
Chitown/Ohio vs NYC/Ohio.

More info please? An article or doc?

On a side note I always viewed Belly as the Hip-Hop Goodfellas. It’s far from perfect but the movie is always entertaining and one of my personal favs

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Based on a true story and the state was Ohio...

PS:Lordz vs Godz, Steubenville, Ohio.
Chitown/Ohio vs NYC/Ohio.
I think it was based on many different stories, because if I remember correctly Hype Williams said it was a mix of different people's lives. I think Supreme gave some of his(I don't think he said supreme but I think that's who he was referring to), I know Nas gave his, and probably other people. I can see Power giving his version for Wu-tang, especially since he played "Knowledge" I know for me it was just a regular thing to hear people go out of town to some small area, and come back paid. Or the spot get raided, and they get locked up out there.

That's why Belly was real life to me, and a Hood movie, if it was just a black crime story they could have told it from a whole different perspective. Everything about it was hood, not just black crime. From how they thought, to how they lived, and the different dichotomies of young people who do crime in the hood. Nas represented the guy who did crime, but his heart wasn't criminal, he just wanted money to live a better life for himself, and his family. DMX represented the guy who just loved doing negative things. Both know each other, but as they both grow up with responsibilities they will soon part ways because of these differences. We all lived that!

truth2you

All Star
Daps
BELLY IS NOT A "HOOD MOVIE". IT IS A BLACK CRIME FILM.
It's a hood movie. From all the weed smoking(blunts at that), to the styles of dressing, to the ways of talking, and probably more I'm forgetting

If it were just a black crime film, they could have left out the blunt smoking all day, have guys dress regular/more upscale, and talking with regular diction. There are tons of black criminals who deal with drugs who act like that. In fact a lot don't even smoke weed, and live as family men, but how many young people are gonna connect with that, especially in the hood, at the height of hip hop taking over everything? Remember the movie had a message, which we learn at the end of it

truth2you

All Star
Daps

HE WASNT BIG MEECH BIG.

You call him mid level like it means he wasn't paid. Mid level was still getting money back then, it wasn't until around 93/94 that shyt slowed down to how it is today. Big Meech, Rayful Edmond, and Rick Ross were major, but that doesn't mean if you weren't on their level you was small.

And Knowing someone is how you get your foot in any town, and a chick is usually how its done. What made her special was she was a cop, not just any broad, so she was able to let them know what the other side was doing. That nikka Rico fukked it all up, though, and that cop bytch fukked up by not letting them know!