• They Were Both Right

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you side more with T’Challa or Killmonger?
Not gonna lie, there were parts of the movie where I was legit thinking “Is Killmonger really the villain here because I agree with almost everything he’s saying.” I was slightly disappointed when the movie showed him doing some over the top ruthless shyt to reinforce that he was supposed to be a villain though if you agree with what he’s trying to do you could toss it up to him being a “the end justifies the means” type of dude. I thought it was dope though that T’Challa clearly learns a thing or two from him in the end

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Killmonger all the way

Makes me think of that thread about if you had 2 buttons one black supremacy and one kills racism, what would you choose.

Black supremacy all the way

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Killmonger

But did the cozy relationship Wakanda seemed to develop with the CIA not bother anybody else?
:scust:

You know they had to figure out how to include a white man in there somehow.

It would have been even better if they’d had Don Cheadle as the CIA agent.

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
You know they had to figure out how to include a white man in there somehow.

It would have been even better if they’d had Don Cheadle as the CIA agent.
Yea... idk.. that might've been worse for me.

But the fact Wakanda, a sovereign black nation, was nudged into the world stage and some sort of allegiance with western powers by the CIA of all people really rubbed me the wrong way. It may seem like something small but those implications are far reaching and disturbing to be honest.

To me that was the "fine print" in this contract of a movie so many will overlook, but in reality what the whole deal hinges upon.

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
Join this discussion in the film room.

Better Villain: Joker or Killmonger? Better Actor in that role: Heath Ledger or Michael B Jordan?

In short, Killmonger was right but his plan of action was very shortsighted. You’re arming untrained civilians in a world where Hovercarriers, Iron Legion (Iron Man’s drone army) and street level heroes like Luke Cage, Punisher and Daredevil exist. Once the weapons are traced back to Wakanda (the world’s only source of Vibranium) you have 200 plus countries aiming at Wakanda and that’s not a fight they can win no matter how advanced they are. Killmonger needed to build an army and stretch out his timeline.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Did you side more with T’Challa or Killmonger?
Not gonna lie, there were parts of the movie where I was legit thinking “Is Killmonger really the villain here because I agree with almost everything he’s saying.” I was slightly disappointed when the movie showed him doing some over the top ruthless shyt to reinforce that he was supposed to be a villain though if you agree with what he’s trying to do you could toss it up to him being a “the end justifies the means” type of dude. I thought it was dope though that T’Challa clearly learns a thing or two from him in the end

Some where in-between. I think the concept of "supremacy" is demonic in every way. And to be "supreme" you would by definition have to oppress..and I don't rock with that.

With that said...instead of weapons...I would have just opened the borders to black peoples...let them reap the benefits of Wakanda and contribute to its society and culture.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Killmonger all the way

Makes me think of that thread about if you had 2 buttons one black supremacy and one kills racism, what would you choose.

Black supremacy all the way
So what about killmonger’s character do you think promotes black supremacy?
Killmonger

But did the cozy relationship Wakanda seemed to develop with the CIA not bother anybody else?
:scust:
It’s not a revolutionary film. If we’re completely honest, the message was anti-revolutionary.