so since dre had a lot of ghost producers and assistance, basically quik is the best from the west

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
the chronic and doggystyle is still the shyt but dre had far too much help from ghost producers for him to be helmed the goat from the west :francis:

dr. dre was the goat to me in the 90's but now that i know he didn't produced a lot of the shyt he got credit for it, he ain't that nikka :yeshrug:

the way i see it now, quik is that nikka and the best from the west:myman:

safe + sound and rhythm-al-ism :blessed:

quik's rosecrans ep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dre's compton soundtrack :sas1:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I always liked Quik better than Dre but rap has fukked up the mentality of so many people they have no idea what a producer is. You don't have to touch a single knob or instrument to be a dope producer. Dre is a producer who takes shyt and makes it hotter.

I heard the original beat Drugs made that made it to Dre's album and to hear what Dre started with and orchestrated around it is phenomenal

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um no. Both are great at what they do, but Dre is GOAT. Thing is "ghost producers" don't exist if they are credited. Co producers =/= ghost producers. Ghost producers are producers that are paid, but aren't given credit.

I still think the whole co-production argument is used to downplay Dre and big up whoever is "supposed" to be greater. I mean, if one feels Quik is better, then his work should speak for itself regardless if Dre uses co-producers.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
nikkas are sleep on Quik's midnight life album :wow:

There are some real gems on there, but "Midnight Life" along with "Trauma" are without a doubt his worst efforts, imo of course.

"Rosecrans" is dope as shyt though, just wish it was longer and that Quik was on more tracks.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Not at all, because quik is not as good an original producer as dre was.
Quik does not have anything seeing any of dre's best sample and production work before he brought in understudies.
Plus, quik brought us the wack westcoast wack emcee who should never be on any break and had no skill.
To the point 2ndiinone is what started being wack from the westcoast on purpose. as a purposeful component of their draw and lead to why rap is as wack as it is today.
Which is why i jnow anyone talking all that quik shyt could not have been around or are playing homers while hiding theor hands.
As quik, his crew and 2ndiinone are the exact group and crew who started being wack just to get paid..evident by their we not freestyling on soul train ep.
Which destroyed quik and his whole crew's draw and ushered in the attention to detail that lead to the skill renaissance in rap in the mid 90's that was solidified with nas.
Quik is one of the biggest sellouts and the dude who practically ushered in the making of the wack westcoast gangsta rapper singlehandidly with his crew of wackness.

Nobody should be propping DJ quik from a cultural perspective, ever real talk,...he is why wackness is amoung us.

Art Barr

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Not at all, because quik is not as good an original producer as dre was.
Quik does not have anything seeing any of dre's best sample and production work before he brought in understudies.
Plus, quik brought us the wack westcoast wack emcee who should never be on any break and had no skill.
To the point 2ndiinone is what started being wack from the westcoast on purpose. as a purposeful component of their draw and lead to why rap is as wack as it is today.
Which is why i jnow anyone talking all that quik shyt could not have been around or are playing homers while hiding theor hands.
As quik, his crew and 2ndiinone are the exact group and crew who started being wack just to get paid..evident by their we not freestyling on soul train ep.
Which destroyed quik and his whole crew's draw and ushered in the attention to detail that lead to the skill renaissance in rap in the mid 90's that was solidified with nas.
Quik is one of the biggest sellouts and the dude who practically ushered in the making of the wack westcoast gangsta rapper singlehandidly with his crew of wackness.

Nobody should be propping DJ quik from a cultural perspective, ever real talk,...he is why wackness is amoung us.

Art Barr

lies, lies and bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :camby:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
You can not dispute a fact and those facts exist.

Art Barr

you sayin' quik is wack is not a fact but an opinion and all that other bullshyt you said was just that, bullshyt :pacspit:

then callin' quik a sell out? nikka please :what:

sayin' quik is the reason why wackness is among us is all wrong. there was so much other bullshyt you typed too but that last line alone just showed me you don't know shyt about quik's music and musical output :camby:

naw, bruh. that post was a bunch of bull and shyt. bullshyt. straight up and down :martin: