so since dre had a lot of ghost producers and assistance, basically quik is the best from the west

Susmakech

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Harley Black
that production on the whole street gospel album is classic. very underrated

Yeah in my honest opinion Street Gospel is the best of Quik. And Suga Free was just the perfect fit for it, album couldn't be any better. It tops Safe + Sound and Rhythm Al Ism to me but that's just my opinion everyone has theirs.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Yeah in my honest opinion Street Gospel is the best of Quik. And Suga Free was just the perfect fit for it, album couldn't be any better. It tops Safe + Sound and Rhythm Al Ism to me but that's just my opinion everyone has theirs.

safe + sound, rhythm-al-ism and street gospel is his trifecta of production

safe + sound is my absolute favorite of quik though

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Hip hop only exists now to discredit those who came before its shameful when u think about it...you never really hear other genres of music do that to the ones who came before...but hip hop is notorious for this but its dumb anyway cause hip hop is STILL the only genre where local hoods/thugs make u pay a tax just to perform in "their city"....u think Al Green had to pay the local numbers runner to perform

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...

D12 were culturally all grassroots guys who actually rep'd the culture.
That was a pisspoor analogy to deflect and why it won't work.
Again, you can't dispute a fact.
Maybe you guys buy into the narcissism of just our country in general to revise history, inaccurrately.
Yet, that still does not dispute the fact that quik is a cultural scourge.

Art Barr
Call it what you want

As Emcee's I dont doubt it but....D12 as group and commercial release was wack too and honestly almost an embarrassment.

D12 doesnt have any replay value within the culture AND the hood whereas atLEAST 2ndIINone will slap in cars, club, block parties and picnic's.

You can rep the culture 100% yet the majority doesnt use your perspective when analyzing and objectifying hip hop and rap music in general.

There's no grey area with you..I respect it.

Dj Quik didnt have the best homies as rappers...okay..

Yet you want to attribute the onslaught of wack crews because of Quik.

The problem is..real street niccas and hustlers dont GIVE A FUKK about culture when its money to be made.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Call it what you want

As Emcee's I dont doubt it but....D12 as group and commercial release was wack too and honestly almost an embarrassment.

D12 doesnt have any replay value within the culture AND the hood whereas atLEAST 2ndIINone will slap in cars, club, block parties and picnic's.

You can rep the culture 100% yet the majority doesnt use your perspective when analyzing and objectifying hip hop and rap music in general.

There's no grey area with you..I respect it.

Dj Quik didnt have the best homies as rappers...okay..

Yet you want to attribute the onslaught of wack crews because of Quik.

The problem is..real street niccas and hustlers dont GIVE A FUKK about culture when its money to be made.

The problem with you is you discredit the culture and don't kno what you really are talembout.
D12 you may not like from an artist standpoint but culturally d12 are not wack and actually held it down in their grassroots local area with actual skills.
You fail to recognize 2ndiinone for being culturally wack.
Then deflect onto d12 when you just don't like d12's artistry or execution but skillwise and culturally.
D12 is an actual commendable grassroots culturally associated group.
DJ quik, ang, hi-c, 2nd ii none ushered in the culturally wack rapper gangsta rapper and perpetrated the oversaturatuin of low quality gangsta rap being synonymous with Cali.
Ruining cali's general cultural roots and history in hiphop in a cultural manner an basis.
Those are facts and just the fact you don't know the instances and can not differentiate.
Speak volumes about your stance.

You trying to revise history for quik, and it won't work.
All cause culturally quik is the original cultural sellout scourge and culture thief from Cali.
He is the spreadsheet artists and crew used to authenticate low quality culture thief gangsta rap out west.
Those are facts,......
You are the only one trying to deflect blame and revise history.
When the facts remains,......

Real bboys who were around and know this shyt will never prop quik, ever.

So, don't expect to try this bullshyt pr campaign to erroneously crown quik when he is a culture thief.

Not to mention your culture thief based money bullshyt, too.

Art Barr

PROTEGE TO THE LEGEND WHO HELPED CREATE THE DRAW FOR RAP IN DAYTIME AND PRIMETIME RADIO HOURS IN CALI

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
There ain't no best. Everybody does something different.

Hip hop only exists now to discredit those who came before its shameful when u think about it...you never really hear other genres of music do that to the ones who came before...but hip hop is notorious for this but its dumb anyway cause hip hop is STILL the only genre where local hoods/thugs make u pay a tax just to perform in "their city"....u think Al Green had to pay the local numbers runner to perform

LMAO - yes!!

Al Green and them dudes did have to pay the local number runners to perform...the music business
has always been breaking off the criminal underground.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
There ain't no best. Everybody does something different.

LMAO - yes!!

Al Green and them dudes did have to pay the local number runners to perform...the music business
has always been breaking off the criminal underground.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
The problem with you is you discredit the culture and don't kno what you really are talembout.
D12 you may not like from an artist standpoint but culturally d12 are not wack and actually held it down in their grassroots local area with actual skills.
You fail to recognize 2ndiinone for being culturally wack.
Then deflect onto d12 when you just don't like d12's artistry or execution but skillwise and culturally.
D12 is an actual commendable grassroots culturally associated group.
DJ quik, ang, hi-c, 2nd ii none ushered in the culturally wack rapper gangsta rapper and perpetrated the oversaturatuin of low quality gangsta rap being synonymous with Cali.
Ruining cali's general cultural roots and history in hiphop in a cultural manner an basis.
Those are facts and just the fact you don't know the instances and can not differentiate.
Speak volumes about your stance.

You trying to revise history for quik, and it won't work.
All cause culturally quik is the original cultural sellout scourge and culture thief from Cali.
He is the spreadsheet artists and crew used to authenticate low quality culture thief gangsta rap out west.
Those are facts,......
You are the only one trying to deflect blame and revise history.
When the facts remains,......

Real bboys who were around and know this shyt will never prop quik, ever.

So, don't expect to try this bullshyt pr campaign to erroneously crown quik when he is a culture thief.

Art Barr
You hold the culture very dear to your heart.

But, nope I separate the culture from the commercial entertainment aspect.

Your argument is culture vs commerce.

Yet you only see rap music through the culture and grassroots paradigm.

When there are people who really give 2 shyts about being grassroots and culturely aware whilst the man is giving out record deals.

Yeah 2ndIINone where wack as rappers...but who was listening to them for their skills?

D12 was wack to and sold ONLY because of Marshall...grassroots or not.

Yeah..call that shyt Bizzarre was doing hip hop if you want too..

If you rap for the culture..Tell rappers do shows for free and keep a day job or start a non profit instead of trying to get a record deal...but cats wanna get put on.

At the end of the day, everybody has a critic.

If Quik never became, popular and remained mediocre we wouldnt be having this convo.

Yet due to the fact the West was the commercial focus, Quik found a niche.

So now from your perspective Quik was the epitome for the wack crew concept out the West?

Wait..so because West Coast Gangsta Rap took over..groups arent culturally accepted?

But you discredit and overlook crews like:

The Rhyme Syndicate who was well out before Quik/Hi C/2ndIiNone.

Lootpack

The Likwid Crew

Jurassic 5

Pharcyde

Quannum Projects

etc..

Have your own opinion and calls it facts, brehs. :russell:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You hold the culture very dear to your heart.

But, nope I separate the culture from the commercial entertainment aspect.

Your argument is culture vs commerce.

Yet you only see rap music through the culture and grassroots paradigm.

When there are people who really give 2 shyts about being grassroots and culturely aware whilst the man is giving out record deals.

Yeah 2ndIINone where wack as rappers...but who was listening to them for their skills?

D12 was wack to and sold ONLY because of Marshall...grassroots or not.

Yeah..call that shyt Bizzarre was doing hip hop if you want too..

If you rap for the culture..Tell rappers do shows for free and keep a day job or start a non profit instead of trying to get a record deal...but cats wanna get put on.

At the end of the day, everybody has a critic.

If Quik never became, popular and remained mediocre we wouldnt be having this convo.

Yet due to the fact the West was the commercial focus, Quik found a niche.

So now from your perspective Quik was the epitome for the wack crew concept out the West?

Wait..so because West Coast Gangsta Rap took over..groups arent culturally accepted?

But you discredit and overlook crews like:

The Rhyme Syndicate who was well out before Quik/Hi C/2ndIiNone.

Lootpack

The Likwid Crew

Jurassic 5

Pharcyde

Quannum Projects

etc..

Have your own opinion and calls it facts, brehs. :russell:

This all deflection and not welled in one iota of fact or even the culture.
Let alone any actual real cognitive dissonance for that time period at all.
Plus you sound like and create a pass system for sellouts like only toys do.
nikkaz got special buzzwords and deflection go to, for their sellout pass systems, now.

Art Barr

Last edited: