So, These Cubans Were Knocking Off Heads In Miami During The 80's? (Cocaine Cowboys)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It was basically Columbians and Cubans. In the 80's the death toll rose in Miami. Also, you had crooked cops join the police force and law enforcement agents connected to gangs.

Also, Castro ran the Cubans who were a burden on society and let Carter deal with the issue. Maybe, that and Iran was what made Reagan win that year.

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
It was basically Columbians and Cubans. In the 80's the death toll rose in Miami. Also, you had crooked cops join the police force and law enforcement agents connected to gangs.

Also, Castro ran the Cubans who were a burden on society and let Carter deal with the issue. Maybe, that and Iran was what made Reagan win that year.

Have u ever heard of a movie called scarface? Obviously it is fiction but the whole movie is based on MIA in the early 80s and Castro shipping all his ppl to us to deal with.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
The Cubans were lackeys and wholly underpowered to deal with the Colombians for too long.

The real blood shed came as a result of the Colombians warring against each other.

The war escalated under Reagan from '80 to '85 until that Just Say No bullshyt kicked in and the Federals got serious about the shyt.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Carter didn't get reelected because dikk Cheney and Papa Bush was finessing shyt behind the scenes to make sure the hostages didn't come home under Carters watch. It's a reason they got released literally when Reagan was takin the oath of office. Just an early Cheney/Bush production from the same folks who bought you 9/11 and the Iraq/Afghanistan war 20 years later. It's sad what they did to Carters legacy, he just may have been the only POTUS to actually give a fukk about the common man. His story is one that I use to remind myself how fukking dirty America is.

And don't get it twisted on the Cubans either, Castro let out the worst of the worst from the jails but they was common criminals, petty pick pocket type dudes and cats he just didn't like. Most of the ones who was moving coke and earlier weed was already here in the states prior to the Mariel Boat lift. You can thank prohibition and the CIA for that. Cubans been known for being good smugglers, they flooded Tampa with Caribbean rum during the 20's and later the CIA and FBI looked the other way while they was touching and moving big boy packs of weed and later on coke, because they helped them try to overthrow Castro. Don't let them conservative ass Cubans down in MIA fool you, a lot of they money started out dirty AF.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Carter didn't get reelected because dikk Cheney and Papa Bush was finessing shyt behind the scenes to make sure the hostages didn't come home under Carters watch. It's a reason they got released literally when Reagan was takin the oath of office. Just an early Cheney/Bush production from the same folks who bought you 9/11 and the Iraq/Afghanistan war 20 years later. It's sad what they did to Carters legacy, he just may have been the only POTUS to actually give a fukk about the common man. His story is one that I use to remind myself how fukking dirty America is.

And don't get it twisted on the Cubans either, Castro let out the worst of the worst from the jails but they was common criminals, petty pick pocket type dudes and cats he just didn't like. Most of the ones who was moving coke and earlier weed was already here in the states prior to the Mariel Boat lift. You can thank prohibition and the CIA for that. Cubans been known for being good smugglers, they flooded Tampa with Caribbean rum during the 20's and later the CIA and FBI looked the other way while they was touching and moving big boy packs of weed and later on coke, because they helped them try to overthrow Castro. Don't let them conservative ass Cubans down in MIA fool you, a lot of they money started out dirty AF.
Thanks for the details breh :salute:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Yeah that drug money basically built Miami brehs.

I didn't live in Florida but I'm old enough to remember the news coverage about the deaths n the seizures of millions in cash n coke. They were all eating good til the federal government stepped in. State/local police were far ill equipped to deal with that shyt. He'll half were in their payroll.

The deaths are what really set it off. The fighting for control of the drug areas obviously turned into killings. That greed gets people every time. If there's could've worked out a truce n avoided the bloodshed, who knows how long they could've been cakin

hatealot

Banned
Daps
That Cocaine Cowboys joint is really good...I recommend watching the original cut and then the Reloaded version, which focuses more on the Colombians.
I couldnt take cocaine cowboys 2 serious with my black dude in it all hugged up with the connect griselda blanco. shyt was just comedy for me. I thought it was a mocumentary but it seems it is real, that crosby guy from oakland really was loving griselda by writing her letters in jail