Sony has been fined by France antitrust regulators over 3rd party controller practices.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"Sony implemented technical measures in 2015 to combat counterfeiting, which inadvertently affected the proper functioning of third-party controllers, making them disconnect during system updates."

$
What's the difference??
Official series x/s controllers can be had for around $40. And they work on every platform a person could want to play xbox games on.

PS4 controllers are $75 and only work on PS4.

Y’all can argue over semantics, but realty is the playstation controller situation is fukked :manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Official series x/s controllers can be had for around $40. And they work on every platform a person could want to play xbox games on.

Y’all can argue over semantics, but realty is the playstation controller situation is fukked :manny:
The retail price of the Xbox controller is $65, the retail of the ps5 controller is $70.

Both controllers are constantly on sale, I just bought the camo dualsense for 45 bucks last month.

The topic of this thread is sony restricting non licensed controllers, which is exactly what microsoft did last month.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The retail price of the Xbox controller is $65, the retail of the ps5 controller is $70.

Both controllers are constantly on sale, I just bought the camo dualsense for 45 bucks last month.

The topic of this thread is sony restricting non licensed controllers, which is exactly what microsoft did last month.
Again you can argue over the semantics of it if you want.

From a consumer standpoint the newest and most advanced xbox controller can be had for around $40. and can be used on lots of different platforms.

In order to get a controller for the PS4 you have to overspend and/or have a shytty experience. And the controller does not work on platforms outside of the PS4.

One of these situations is better than the other. You wanna stan playstation so you argue with me instead of admitting sonys controller situation is very predatory hence this lawsuit:ehh:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

PS4 controllers work on PS5 and PC too.

Only PS5 version of games cant be played with a PS4 controller cause of support for the extra features.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Again you can argue over the semantics of it if you want.

From a consumer standpoint the newest and most advanced xbox controller can be had for around $40. and can be used on lots of different platforms.

In order to get a controller for the PS4 you have to overspend and/or have a shytty experience. And the controller does not work on platforms outside of the PS4.

One of these situations is better than the other. You wanna stan playstation so you argue with me instead of admitting sonys controller situation is very predatory hence this lawsuit:ehh:
I'm not arguing schematics, you are.

The topic of this thread is about 3rd party controllers not working due to an update from Sony. That's no different than what microsoft did last month.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Playstation controllers also work on computers and mobile devices. I don't know what @MeachTheMonster is talking about
PS5 controllers do not work on PS4

PS4 controllers do not work on PS5

My 8 year old needed a PS4 controller for christmas to go with his passed down PS4.

I searched and even asked this forum how to get a quality controller that doesn’t cost $70.

I was recommended the red controller you suggested in this thread.

I purchased it, it works like shyt and keeps disconnecting causing my 8 year old to have a terrible holiday experience.

I logged on today to see that there’s some government in the world that had the same experience as me and they sued sony for it.

I simply expressed that my experience parallels the reason for this lawsuit.

You got upset because obviously sony is the best, and decided to argue with me an talk about xbox.

That’s what i’m talking about :manny:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
PS5 controllers do not work on PS4

PS4 controllers do not work on PS5

My 8 year old needed a PS4 controller for christmas to go with his passed down PS4.

I searched and even asked this forum how to get a quality controller that doesn’t cost $70.

I was recommended the red controller you suggested in this thread.

I purchased it, it works like shyt and keeps disconnecting causing my 8 year old to have a terrible holiday experience.

I logged on today to see that there’s some government in the world that had the same experience as me and they sued sony for it.

I simply expressed that my experience parallels the reason for this lawsuit.

You got upset because obviously sony is the best, and decided to argue with me an talk about xbox.

That’s what i’m talking about :manny:
No, ps5 controllers won't work on ps4, but ps4 controllers do work on ps5. it'll also will work on PC and mobile. I don't believe I claimed any different.

You claimed that the ps4 and ps5 controllers will only work on playstation consoles. That's a lie, both controllers can be paired to both mobile devices and PCs. The topic of the lawsuit has nothing to do with official playstation controllers, it's about Sony restricting 3rd party controllers from working on playstation consoles, and that's exactly what microsoft did last year.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, ps5 controllers won't work on ps4, but ps4 controllers do work on ps5. it'll also will work on PC and mobile. I don't believe I claimed any different.

No. PS4 controllers only work on PS5 if the PS4 version of said game is being played. Which in itself is a problem sony created so they can sell $10 “next gen upgrades”
You claimed that the ps4 and ps5 controllers will only work on playstation consoles. That's a lie, both controllers can be paired to both mobile devices and PCs. The topic of the lawsuit has nothing to do with official playstation controllers, it's about Sony restricting 3rd party controllers from working on playstation consoles, and that's exactly what microsoft did last year.
Niether are officially supported outside of playstation in the way other controllers are.

The topic of the lawsuit is sony having policy that’s detrimental to the consumer experince. I had a bad experience so i talked about it.

Again, you are only arguing with me cause you want to defend sony.

Do better :smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
a quick search proves y'all are lying about DS4 controllers, why do y'all do this???
What am I lying about??

Without this thread or this lawsuit i talked about this.
Why the hell the PS4 controller still cost so much :picard:

Any cheap knock off recommendations??
PS5 controllers were cheaper than PS4 controllers this holiday but you can’t use them on PS4 so i either had to overpay for a official PS4 controller or buy a cheap knock off.

I also purchased a PS5 console so it would have been great to buy a PS5 controller and let my two boys share the controllers between the two systems. Sony’s policies purposely prevent that from happening to force you to buy more separate controllers from them.

I purchased one of the cheap controllers off amazon and it keeps disconnecting just like this lawsuit says.

I’m not sure why you guys are so bothered and want to defend the shyt. It is what it is :manny:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nah ps4 controllers are overpriced. I had an aunt ask me where she could find a ps4 controller at a reasonable price since it's an old console