Sony has been fined by France antitrust regulators over 3rd party controller practices.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah ps4 controllers are overpriced.

They are. My youngest needs one right now coincidentally and we goin to Target after Tae Kwon Do to get one. He gonna use his Christmas Bread cause I damn sure ain’t buying it. All black is 60 but he can save a few bucks using my redcard

Him and my oldest had 4 DualShocks and fukked em all up.

Use y’all money now. :camby:

My oldest already took one of my dual senses for his gaming laptop 2 years ago
:beli:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They are. My youngest needs one right now coincidentally and we goin to Target after Tae Kwon Do to get one. He gonna use his Christmas Bread cause I damn sure ain’t buying it. All black is 60 but he can save a few bucks using my redcard

These kids mayne...
My baby mama FaceTime me talking about she couldn't get something to work because there was no playstation button.

ain't no playstation button on a madcatz :mjlol:
ended up buying him a damn controller from bb :beli:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

bro they have limited edition controllers at gamestop for 54. target also pricematches if you do it right

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Sony implemented technical measures in 2015 to combat counterfeiting, which inadvertently affected the proper functioning of third-party controllers, making them disconnect during system updates."

What's the difference??
One is and has been found criminal

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
These kids mayne...
My baby mama FaceTime me talking about she couldn't get something to work because there was no playstation button.

ain't no playstation button on a madcatz :mjlol:
ended up buying him a damn controller from bb :beli:
200.gif

Dem Bozos still in business?!?? :deadrose:

bro they have limited edition controllers at gamestop for 54. target also pricematches if you do it right
:ohhh:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Niether are officially supported outside of playstation in the way other controllers are.

The topic of the lawsuit is sony having policy that’s detrimental to the consumer experince. I had a bad experience so i talked about it.

Again, you are only arguing with me cause you want to defend sony.
Funny, because sony has a page on their official website with instructions on how to pair with other devices, but you claim they aren't supported.

:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Funny, because sony has a page on their official website with instructions on how to pair with other devices, but you claim they aren't supported.

:camby:
The PS4 page says nothing about PC support.

My posts in this thread are about the PS4 controller. Which as far as i understand never got official pc support.

Furthermore my problem with the controllers is that they don’t work between playstation consoles themselves.

You decided to harp on this PC topic cause you wanted to argue with me instead of just admitting theres some merit to the criticism to sony’s policies.

You sony stan’s really got issues :huhldup:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The PS4 page says nothing about PC support.

My posts in this thread are about the PS4 controller. Which as far as i understand never got official pc support.

Furthermore my problem with the controllers is that they don’t work between playstation consoles themselves.

You decided to harp on this PC topic cause you wanted to argue with me instead of just admitting theres some merit to the criticism to sony’s policies.

You sony stan’s really got issues :huhldup:

You're trying to argue about official xbox controllers compared to playstation controllers. The topic of the thread was never about official controllers, it's about 3rd party controllers and Sony removing compatibility for them just like Microsoft did.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

You're trying to argue about official xbox controllers compared to playstation controllers. The topic of the thread was never about official controllers, it's about 3rd party controllers and Sony removing compatibility for them just like Microsoft did.
It can only be hooked up via usb like any generic controller, but it never really got full support where you could expect playstation prompts in most games.

The whole point is that they limit 3rd party controllers so the official ones are more expensive.

Why do you think PS4 controllers cost more than PS5. Series X and Xbox controllers right now?

Why are you doing this :why:

Like even if xbox is the same, that doesn’t make it ok and they didn’t get sued. What’s your problem??

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The whole point is that they limit 3rd party controllers so the official ones are more expensive.

Why do you think PS4 controllers cost more than PS5. Series X and Xbox controllers right now?

Why are you doing this :why:

Like even if xbox is the same, that doesn’t make it ok and they didn’t get sued. What’s your problem??
They limited the 3rd party controller support because they wanted them to go through the official playstation licensing process, JUST LIKE MICROSOFT DID LAST MONTH.

:why:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They limited the 3rd party controller support because they wanted them to go through the official playstation licensing process, JUST LIKE MICROSOFT DID LAST MONTH.

:why:
The lawsuit claims they aren’t supportive or responsive to 3rd parties effectively locking them out.

In comparison microsoft has been working with 3rd parties to make sure they still have a place.

Again, not sure why you want to argue with me about microsft,

If you’ve had a bad experience with their controller policies and they get sued about it, make a thread about it :cheers: