Sony stans confirm the PS4 is the weakest console in existence

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Apparently in their infinite wisdom and true consideration for their loyal stans, Sony decided to build the PS4 in such a way that it cannot handle not only PS3 games, but even PS2 games. But don't take my word for it. Sony representatives have already issue their official statement.

I said PS2 cant be done at a consistent level on the PS4. Which it cant. It can run only SOME games.

In his blind fury, we are able to observe how the Sony stan dives deeper into dementia hopelessly defending his champion, to the point that he even forgets we are talking about video games...
A potato cant run a PS2 emulator. U said a pentium can run it. But ur being dishonest.

Looks like the key strokes of a furious stanley to me :manny:let's move on
U talkin to me like I havent been doin this type of shyt for years. I know what it takes to run that shyt stable being that I’ve been messing with it myself for years. Anybody who has would know u bullshyttin. And that mobile shyt u said was a straight up lie so im not even gonna address that.

Lets get to PS3 emulation. Now this is where u really goin full retard. @daze23 already basically explained the same shyt I said and u even dapped him for it. The Cell Processor is a REALLY complicated architecture. PS4’s CPU does NOT have the power to brute force the emulation. It just doesnt. This is NOT Sony kool aid. This is just facts.

You don't understand the technical aspects of the discussion :snoop:

Read this

Understood?

I already know your logic here "But but if it can't be done, how is there TLOU or UC1-3 on PS4?? :ohhh:"

Those games aren't running on PS3 on PS4, they've been reworked and ported over to run on PS4. that's not an emulator.

@MeachTheMonster talkin about "Oh if they did it individually they'd just do the most popular titles" and that's what they did, except it wasn't being emulated but it was ported and updated. An emulated version of TLOU for PS3 wouldn't have been able to run at 60fps.

it doesn't behoove to think that in your mocking like behavior that you may be completely off and just would be better off admitting you don't know much about this?

Think about it.

PS3 came out in 2006.

We're in 2018 and the PS3 emulator that you guys point to as if it's the smoking gun in this argument, can hardly run any of the big AAA games on it with hardware that's over 10 years out since that console release.
Instead of trying to understand what we're talking about, you just resort to "LOOOL PS4 is weaker than PS3 confirmed you guys are defending Soony zaddy :scust:". This topic is clearly going over your head breh.

Apples and Nectarines.

U cant play PS3 games on a hacked PS4. Stop lying fam. U barely can play PS2 games yet.

So with PS4 being weaker than PS3 and PS2...will we see a spike in the used console market price of the PS1?

Discuss...

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
It’s simple Sony didn’t put whatever they needed to run last gen games in the PS4.

And they sure as hell ain’t really going to spend money on making it work.

The only reason psnow was created was to appeal to super casual gamers by putting that service on every thing. That shyt failed big time.

in all reality majority just don’t want older games. Back Compat is a niche thing.

I never played a ps2 game in my PS3. When Sony took that feature away I didn’t care :manny:

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Apparently in their infinite wisdom and true consideration for their loyal stans, Sony decided to build the PS4 in such a way that it cannot handle not only PS3 games, but even PS2 games. But don't take my word for it. Sony representatives have already issue their official statement.

In his blind fury, we are able to observe how the Sony stan dives deeper into dementia hopelessly defending his champion, to the point that he even forgets we are talking about video games...

Looks like the key strokes a furious stanley to me :manny:let's move on

So with PS4 being weaker than PS3 and PS2...will we see a spike in the used console market price of the PS1?

Discuss...
nikka I said PS4 is more powerful than a PS3. Stop fukkin lying.
Wrong nikka. Just wrong. Son u obviously dont know what u talkin bout. U need a powerful ass PC to run that PS3 emulator even remotely decent. They will tell u themselves nikka. The processing power needed to run that emulator is not a joke. U cant just throw that shyt on some regular ass PC and think its gonna work out. U need a nice rig to run even that miniscule percentage of games. U got people getting 3 frames per second with the PS3 version of Persona 5 with nice rigs on that damn emulator. Lol. Again. U dont know what u talkin bout. In order to run an emulator. The game has to be tricked to think its running on the native hardware. It will take Sony alot more processing than they have available in the console to emulate that cell processor. Now let me break this down for u. The Ps3’s cpu was stronger than the PS4’s but it’s a catch cause alot of it was used for graphics tasks since the GPU in the PS3 was relatively weak. GPU in the Ps3 was weaker than the 360’s even tho if used right the PS3 as a console was more powerful than the 360. It was just less practical. The PS4 is def an overall more powerful and PRACTICAL machine. The CPU in the PS4 is also better for practical processing tasks. Which the PS4 does alot of. The problem is the CPU in the PS4 doesnt have the processing power to brute force EMULATE the cell processor. Bottom line the architecture is WAY too different and if u mix that with the weak cpu its an extremely hard task to achieve. As far as u saying make it emulate the best games. Its not as simple as u making it. They are better off porting the games over to the PS4. Which is what they do. Xbox One is in a better position emulation wise cause the Xbox 360’s architecture is far easier to work with and its very similar to how these consoles work now. Remember. The PS4 and Xbox One have the exact same architecture. PS4 is just more powerful. Well. If we not including the One X which is the most powerful console on the market. Bottom line is we wont see the PS4 pulling these power moves when it comes to backwards compatibility because they shot themselves in the foot since last gen. And instead of expanding on what they developed last gen. They completely abandoned it this gen for a more simple console design. Not anticipating that Microsoft would be doing the shyt they’re doing now.
This is what I wrote in the other thread. Check the bolded.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody who cares to play ps2 and ps3 games have already kept there consoles by now. I already have a ps3 fat to play ps1 and ps2 games. And have a pc,and a ps2 slim. Backwards compatibility isn’t really that important. I mean sure it’s a nice incentive but any console that comes with games and exclusive will overshadow that feature. I would take a better cpu to run all games at 1080p 60fps over playing some old ass games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the fact that the PS4 can't play PS3 games doesn't mean it's "weaker"
True.

But that's ain't what the stans said

Ps4 doesnt even have the physical capability to emulate ps3/ps2 games. They couldnt do it if they wanted to.

CPU is weaker in the PS4 than in the PS3.

:mjlol:

And I never said that. These nikkas is just dumb.
Be drunk off Sony Koolaid, say dumb shyt, then lie when you sober up brehs :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s simple Sony didn’t put whatever they needed to run last gen games in the PS4.

And they sure as hell ain’t really going to spend money on making it work.

The only reason psnow was created was to appeal to super casual gamers by putting that service on every thing. That shyt failed big time.

in all reality majority just don’t want older games. Back Compat is a niche thing.

I never played a ps2 game in my PS3. When Sony took that feature away I didn’t care :manny:
Big difference between saying BC is not worth the investment, and BC is impossible.

Obviously Sony decided the investment is better spent elsewhere. But that's not the argument here.