Sony Takes a Beating in May 2015 (Opinion Article)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sony Takes a Beating in May 2015. And How to Fix It
May 30, 2015by Hockey Gloryin Articles
Both PS4 and Xbox One have been on the market for about a year and a half. However, both Sony and Microsoft got the ball rolling by first promoting their systems in the first half of 2013 (about two years ago).

In that time span, Sony’s PS4 has been on cruise control. A combination of poor MS marketing, a more expensive Xbox One $500 bundle, and fewer countries having Xbox Ones. Coupled with PS4’s slightly better multiplatform games and its marketing position of “a gamer’s system” have all combined to give PS4 a sizable lead. At last count in the ballpark of 7 or 8 million consoles. The guesstimate across the internet is PS4 in the low 20 million units sold, while Xbox One is around 13-14 million. Give or take a million for each.

As time passes, PS4 is starting to show its true colours. And it’s not a good thing.

Xbox One Beats PS4 in April 2015 NPD
In early May, the April 2015 NPD report came out. While exact data has to be reverse engineered due to NPD not releasing data anymore, Xbox One actually sold more. In a battle of PR statements, Microsoft stated:

“As the best-selling console in the U.S. in April, fans set record April sales and engagement for Xbox One last month,” Xbox marketing boss Mike Nichols said. “Xbox One console sales in the U.S. increased 63 percent in April 2015 compared to April 2014 and Xbox Live comparisons showed the number of active global users [Xbox One and Xbox 360] grew 24 percent. We are grateful to our fans for their passion and support and are looking forward to sharing more on the best game lineup in Xbox history at E3.”

How to fix it

You can’t fix the past, but you can fix the future. Microsoft systems have been selling quite well despite no key exclusive games so far in 2015. What they have relied on is improving internet PR which is upcoming games and system features, and bundle promos going for about $350, which includes a system and game. The $350 Halo: MCC bundle is their latest offering.

Sony can easily top this.

However, they’ve stood firm on $400 with games bundled in. Regardless of which games are included, that’s still $50 more than Xbox One. People see price first. And some people base their purchase on price no matter what. Some people will do math and factor in the costs of the games and trading them in to get a more accurate “net cost” basis, but some don’t.

Sony doesn’t seem to be promoting key exclusive games yet either. While Microsoft plugs Rise of Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and monthly OS updates, Sony is more concerned with humming along so far in 2015. Although E3 can change that, and we don’t know what Sony has up their sleeve. Sony has to start marketing games and system features more and get back to the PS3 days where their unique games overshadowed endless Forza, Gears and Halo games.

Or they can simply match Xbox One’s $350 and blow it away.

- See more at: http://gamervets.com/2015/05/sony-t...-2015-and-how-to-fix-it/#sthash.qeMTMv25.dpuf

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Written by Hockey Glory :wtf:
Lol it's some corny handle.
About the author Hockey Glory
b7cefc64f0728198efc5ca9602660401

I have opinions no game company will ever be able to buy off. If I like something, I praise it. If it stinks, I trash it. I don't hold back when writing an article, so don't expect perfectly written articles, which look like three interns edited before a webmaster uploads it. Like my fellow GamerVets, I write my own material, play my own games and upload my own videos using my Hauppauge.
- See more at: http://gamervets.com/author/hockeyglory/#sthash.LuEuVikk.dpuf

• Dap
Reactions: Ns

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Revy, I know you want to be the resident arcadium mod/guru but stop posting these dumbass threads b
I'm not trying to be the "anything" on the coli. I'm just sharing whatever I find moderately interesting. :yeshrug:
There's plenty of people on here that know more about games than I do. I just enjoy the conversation from time to time. There's interesting points on both sides of the console wars. As far as threads, I just try to contribute something a little different from what's already being posted while keeping it strictly about the games. I'm not tryna take anybody's shine or anything. I appreciate the coli but will also step aside for anyone who takes it more serious than I do.

At this time of the year news is slow. Doesn't mean we should stop the conversation altogether.Things are picking up though with E3 around the corner and some major games releasing in the next few months.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
PS4 price drop leak to 349 already confirmed for E3. And XB1 only won April NPD by like 10K which isn't much since PS4 murders Xbox One in sales in every other country. :manny:

Taking a "beating" is a cyse of the highest degree. :skip:

Last edited: