South Africa is on the brink of martial law/anarchy

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I haven't seen a thread in this anywhere.

First for context :
Former president Jacob Zuma last week handed himself over to the police after he ignored a court order to appear before an anti corruption commission known as the "Zondo Commission".
An arrest warrant was then issued for him and he handed himself over to the police(to serve a 15 month jail term, at the age of 70plus) .
This was a MASSIVE story and the white owned media was all over it

The day after Zuma's arrest protests started in his home province of Kwa Zulu Natal (Zuma himself has always stroked Zulu nationalist fires, thus any attack on him is often seen as an attack on all Zulu people, all 20 million).

Those protests spread rather quickly to other provinces and major cities, then they started burning down shopping malls and looting them.

Theyve deployed the army now.

I'll keep editing this post and adding further context, historical and current.

Edit 1:

The white media is focusing strictly on the looting and vilifying the looters. Instead of providing a proper context to HOW and WHY we got to this point... So most, actually ALL the news sources are not going to provide a balanced context. They are more worried about the white businesses losing their money

Edit 2:
This is a great documentary by John Pilger from around 1997/1998.
It gives context to what was happening even then when Nelson Mandela was president and serving his only term.

South Africa's nuclear weapons(under Aparyhed) and what happened to them

Gogo Aubery Matshiqi, one of best political analysts in country speaking on the recent events :

3072045ae566322b7fde3ce795cc6463.jpg

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Some of my work colleagues are based in Johannesburg. We were asking them to perform certain tasks this week and one of them straight up said "We're in a 3rd wave of Covid and these riots are literally outside our homes, it's all a bit crazy right now and our lives are being affected so work isn't going to get done as quickly as we'd all hope." Not gonna lie, that had me like :mjcry: on the inside during our meeting.

Last edited:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Was his jail term justified ?

I mean a damn 70yr old former president can't get home confinement?

What was he charged of?

Was this "comission" fraudulent and :mjpls:
Zuma is a very powerful figure within SA politics and still controls half the ruling party.

Meaning the biggest threat to the current president is the Zuma faction of the ANC.
So this was a political chess move to get rid of Zuma before the ANC's elective conference next year.

But they greatly underestimated the pull that he has and how powerful Zulu nationalism really is.

It's a political chess move by the current administration to get rid of its biggest political threat, that has backfired in spectacular fashion

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
So that means I can’t go to camps bay? :mjcry:
Nah I'm in Cape Town, there's nothing going on here. We're like a separate country :yeshrug:

There'll be no uprisings in Cape Town(Western Cape) coz the majority of the population is mullatos/coloreds... Who never go along with anything the black masses doing.

Simialr to mixed raced people in Haiti

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
This the result of ANC rule, the country is finished.
No it's not. Whites gave the ANC a sinking ship. But the ANC leadership were so greedy and power hungry that they gladly negotiated the military might(SA had nuclear weapons) and economy of South Africa away, for a chance to rule over tax crumbs.

Whites knew this was never gonna be sustainable long term, and thus the most affluent white South Africans relocated to New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the UK.

The ANC is and has always been a compromised party, but the SA issue is deeper than merely political parties divisions.

The very nature of our economy, infrastructure, town and city planning, health systems, education etc is not designed to service the majority black population, with a unique undeetanding of our history, tribal and collective psychological make up.

A place like West Germany was not just aided by the US in terms of money after World War 2, they built it up from the ground up (literacy rates, heath care systems, industrialization etc etc).
Which is what WAS and is still needed in SA (and Haiti, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Congo etc) but has never happened for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Nah I'm in Cape Town, there's nothing going on here. We're like a separate country :yeshrug:

There'll be no uprisings in Cape Town(Western Cape) coz the majority of the population is mullatos/coloreds... Who never go along with anything the black masses doing.

Simialr to mixed raced people in Haiti
So this whole Time youssa whole South African in South Africa saying nikka and Obsessively talking shyt about Corey Holcomb?:what:

:mjlol: