Spelman Brehettes state their plans after graduation

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
1. This was great to see. By no means am I placing Spell-House on a pedestal, but for various reasons--e.g., class, cultural capital, social capital, (and hard work of course)--grads from both schools tend to have "major" plans after graduating (most of us just wanted/only had BASIC OPTIONS after undergrad.lol.).

2. Peep the hand-sign/graduation stoles. There's a reason the first few are using that particular tone/voice.

3. This was dope all around.
Yea, most of them are from great socio economic classes

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yep. Money backing you, having connections, and having the general savviness needed to navigate specific spaces is a great foundation.

And side note: This is one reason many people get annoyed at the financial gifts that are frequently granted to Spell-House students/grads (That's a whole different thread, though.).

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The internet has ruined my brain so I was waiting for one of them to say they were going to start an onlyfans.
Yeah because it was posted here I expected fukkery but at the end of the Day Spellman is a great college. It would be wierd for them to not be on point.

Shouts out to them.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
And side note: This is one reason many people get annoyed at the financial gifts that are frequently granted to Spell-House students/grads (That's a whole different thread, though.).
Good governance, high graduation rates, and connected alumni are the reasons why the top schools get contributions from people from the outside. And why some of the others don't.
They attract, nurture, challenge and develop the top students consistently.

Better return on your gift contributing to NC A&T, Spel-House, and some of the rising schools.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
To us legacy brehs, these are our HVW women. Extra points if they 3+ generation Spelhouse, debutantes, and Jack and Jill.

Fukk that young, dumb, and beautiful bullshyt Kevin Samuels was talking about.
Now y'all just getting silly out here. He loved educated, feminine women and spoke especially favorably of akas. He also had a whole thing about hiring your woman. Who would hire a dummy? One of his long time followers/callers was a woman who's husband had sent her to law school to handle his business. You ain't gotta lie to kick it.

Daps

there's def some rich girls there but actually most Spelman students receive students loans.... Maybe we have a different idea of what is a "great" socio economic class lmao

anyway, i'm sure they will all make up for it and do big things....that's on period!

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
there's def some rich girls there but actually most Spelman students receive students loans.... Maybe we have a different idea of what is a "great" socio economic class lmao

anyway, i'm sure they will all make up for it and do big things....that's on period!
Yeah, it's the natural Coli response to undermine and diminish what Black people accomplish. Sometimes unwittingly.
During the recent push to increase federal funding for HBCUs, their advocates laid out the facts. Despite what the perceptions are, vast majority of Black college students, even at the "name" HBCUs, are NOT from wealthy families.

Daps
Yeah, it's the natural Coli response to undermine and diminish what Black people accomplish. Sometimes unwittingly.
During the recent push to increase federal funding for HBCUs, their advocates laid out the facts. Despite what the perceptions are, vast majority of Black college students, even at the "name" HBCUs, are NOT from wealthy families.

Period. Don't let a pretty smile fool ya guys. We grow up rough!

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Congratulations, ladies!

Love seeing the sistas with ambition ready to make moves.

............... it does something to me..........

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I got into Morehouse and was going to go there but I got zero financial aid & the cost of attendance was like $60k a year. My mom and older brother were still mad & trying to force me to go there but I said f that :mjlol:

I went to community college & a local state university and got my bachelor's, but I wonder sometimes how things would've played out if I went there.