Statik Selektah Speaks On Akademiks : "When the fukk did we start letting clowns that don't know anything about hip-hop be in this shyt period "!!

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you don't know what culture that is I'm talking about then you must have just woken up from a 30 year coma because everything I just pointed out is the current state of hip hop.
Hip-Hop culture is

MCing
Breaking
Graffiti
DJing

That other shyt isn't Hip-Hop

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Hip-Hop culture is

MCing
Breaking
Graffiti
DJing

That other shyt isn't Hip-Hop

Everything you just described has been secluded to the underground, Most of what u just posted isn't popular in todays current mainstream Hip Hop. We talking about Akademiks who is current era and u stuck in the 80's. You need to seperate the two because u sound crazy and out of touch

-Mediocre/sounding retarded on the mic is the norm now though being able to flow is still popular. I will also acknowledge that rappers like Kanye and Tyler are upkeeping stage performance skills so MCing is still around. But Tyler is also gay so there is that.

-LOL @ breaking. Like I said you must've just came out of a 30 year coma. Breaking was outta here by the 90's. When gangster rap took off all that Scoob Lover/ Scrap Lover type of dancing was outta here too. It took the ringtone era with Soulja Boy, The Stanky Leg, Chicken Noodle Soup and Teach Me how to Dougie to bring back dancing and it wasn't in the form of breaking, But the Japanese took breaking to new heights around that same time because it lost interest in America. Those kids on the subways are the closest thing we have to current eras breaking.

- Once NYC trains were made graffiti free that whole bombing on trains era was completely altered. Another turning point was 5 Points in Long Island City being destroyed and then having protests of its destruction. Like the rebel spirit of NYC graffiti culture really took a pause with that one. White man said "Fuk your art" and popular hip hop publications didnt really even acknowledge it in 2014 yet here you are bringing up graffiti in 2024.

DJing is now done on CDJs with a playlist of digital songs on a laptop. Paris Hilton is still getting booked to DJ events. My dude, we are in the era where Paris Hilton is known as a popular DJ. LOL.

Last edited:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Dude found a lane & kept his diabetic foot on the gas pedal & will continue to find ways to garner attention for his fukkery for the next couple of years.

Eventually his crowd (demo) will move on & fade the same way Star & Buckwilds demo moved on a faded .

Jards

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

Ak has continuously said the worst shyt and is terrible for the culture on all levels.
Says who? He has a right to his opinion as anyone else does. This is another instance of non-black people getting themselves involved in black culture, overstepping their boundaries and thinking they can tell black people what’s what.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Says who? He has a right to his opinion as anyone else does. This is another instance of non-black people getting themselves involved in black culture, overstepping their boundaries and thinking they can tell black people what’s what.
Color be damned, Statik is right and Ak is a piece of shyt clown.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Nah fukk ak

He's anti Black as fukk
Anti fba too

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
we should have bullied these guys more when they were on thecoli :snoop: catch them in real life too

Back in the day, AK literally would give out his whereabouts when he performed his DJ sets. He was nobody then so y'all paid him no mind. He would then say "How come no one showed up ?" and then post the video footage after the event. Y'all had the opportunity.

And why are you talking that "catch them in real life" talk? Go get him right now. Don't talk about it, be about it. If it's that serious then log off and go 'catch him in real life." Show us better then you are telling us.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If you don't know what culture that is I'm talking about then you must have just woken up from a 30 year coma because everything I just pointed out is the current state of hip hop.

You mean the business of rap.

That has been segregated from the culture of hiphop. Since it became a mca way business model from inception.

The problem with hiphop is.

It is the only culture. Where people who have no culture.

Get to come to the equivalent of an native rain dance ceremony.

Then barge Into said ceremony.
proceed while unannounced as well. To take the Tom's from said native american. Then proceed to tell said native. He does not know how to chant for rain and then try to bang on the Tom.
to show everyone.
they know what the fukk they know better.

While acting oblivious to anything culturally violating they ever did or continually do.

Art Barr

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Nah fukk ak

He's anti Black as fukk
Anti fba too

Todays era of current hip hop is anti Black. Blame the state of the culture.

We literally just went thru a drill era where mocking the dead ( Black men and women) was normalized. Saying "We smoking on (insert dead Black Mans name) is a popular thing in this era. Every time someone says they are smoking on a dead Black Man pack they are promoting anti Black.

And that's just 1 example of the current state being anti Black. I can keep going

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
You mean the business of rap.

That has been segregated from the culture of hiphop. Since it became a mca way business model from inception.

You can say it's "segregated" but we are talking about 2024, the era where most of the current generation was raised with Lil Wayne, Soldja Boy and Lil B as big influences. This is a generation that spent it's teenage years during the prime of mumble rap. Young Moneys top 3 being the biggest influence is the "Hip Hop" that they know. This generation doesn't know about pop locking and head spins or hardcore rap songs with no cursing. The Hip Hop we were raised on is not the Hip Hop this current generation was raised on. Mr Magic and The Source magazine are dead in this era. Akademiks is the Mr Magic and Source magazine of this current era.