Study: Fertility in Black interracial relationships trends to the race of the father

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I honestly was torn about posting this on the Coli, but I thought it could lead to an interesting discussion--or useless gender warring, which is not my intent. I haven't swirled and have no axe to grind against BW, whether with a Black man or not, but this result was honestly the opposite of what I expected before reading the paper.

So a research paper was published in 2021 investigating the difference between fertility in American intraracial (endogamous) and interracial (exogamous) couples. See citation and link below

Qian, Z. and Lichter, D.T., 2021. Racial Pairings and Fertility: Do Interracial Couples Have Fewer Children?. Journal of Marriage and Family, 83(4), pp.961-984.

Anyway, I will be honest, the results surprised me since they are the reverse of what I expected. In short, they looked at the probability of having a kid in the past year using Census data (American Community Survey) among various pairings of interracial couples breaking out the race and sex of each partner. In short, even when controlling for age, education, and other variables they found that Black IR couples are different in that the White women in BMWW couples had fertility closer to Black-Black couples while BWWM couples had fertility closer to (and a smidge lower though not significant) White-White couples.

In this table is the relative fertility of the couple types with the White-White fertility indexed at 1.0 (Table 3, Model 4 in the link)

PairingRelative Fertility
Black Man-Black Woman1.32
Black Man-White Woman1.27
White Man-White Woman1.0
White Man-Black Woman0.98

I was expecting otherwise since though the husband puts on the brakes for more kids, the wife is often to motivator for having a kid or more. Again, this controls for education so it isn't a case of more educated Black women in IR having lower fertility.

Maybe asking for a discussion of this in TLR is crazy but here we go :mjlol:

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
White Men, have a Fertility issue, which will only get worse.

They project their fear of genetic annihilation onto Black Men/People.

Instead of tying to find better ways to improve their faulty reproductive issues, they foolishly rather HYPER Focus on us.

The Clock Is Ticking.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
White Men, have a Fertility issue, which will only get worse.

They project their fear of genetic annihilation onto Black Men/People.

Instead of tying to find better ways to improve their faulty reproductive issues, they foolishly rather HYPER Focus on us.

The Clock Is Ticking.

If they have trouble having kids, but we don't, it kinda makes sense. Similar to when poor people hyper fixate on rich people

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I know this is where the thread gonna go anyways, but the fertility rate is not (only) about having working reproductive organs.

It's just about the numbers of kids you have. So deciding to not have kids lower your fertility rate.

Meaning there's a lot more to the fertility rate than cum and eggs.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I have an anecdote thats probably gonna get me negged but ohwell

Biggest difference here thats not being recognized, is income and educational status. Most nikkas i know that have children with PAWGS are mostly dustys. Here in Washington State, most of mixed children in Pierce County are the product of a trashy non black woman and a dusty breh. And the data shows that less uneducated and wealthy you are, the more kids you have.

Meanwhile, most sistas i see who swirl are in the educated/professional sphere and that tier of people dont have as many kids.

Daps
stock-photo-man-taking-a-lof-of-pills-for-his-depression-244103017.jpg
You need to retake your meds so you can stop hallucinating in your bedroom. Also, there are some pills that can make you less of dikkhead too. You should take them.