Styles vs. Owens Apreciation Thread

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Both ppv matches have been great. (edit maybe not great in their own right but in the big picture)

I want to appreciate that they've had two 15 - 20 minute matches and neither of them have hit a single finisher. Which is dope these days with most matches having a bunch of finishers and kick outs.

That goes along with the fukkery finishes, which are anti climactic. But thats the story they're telling, hopefully building to something big. Id love to see an iron man match. :whoo:

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I was actually going to make a thread saying how disappointing these matches have been.

Styles worst feud/matches were with Ambrose, but this feud is 2nd.

And I am a big fan of both.
I could see why youd say that. The matches have been slowly paced, and the finishes have been bs. I think thats by design, because they're building to somthing. Ive still enjoyed them. Theyre both incredible at selling.

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
I could see why youd say that. The matches have been slowly paced. I think thats by design, because they're building to somthing. Ive still enjoyed them. Theyre both incredible at selling.
I hope they are building to a great one at Summerslam.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
I was actually going to make a thread saying how disappointing these matches have been.

Styles worst feud/matches were with Ambrose, but this feud is 2nd.

And I am a big fan of both.
I have to agree. This is the first time in either of their careers where i audibly said "that was not good". It pained me to do so but ill give summerslam a shot.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're just saying that because it's two indy guys. This overrating of the indy crowd is getting tiring.

Goldberg/Brock II and Brock/Joe were just as good of matches, but that style isn't cool to appreciate anymore.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I could see how people would say they werent great a standalone matches. This thread is more about what theyre building towards and the way theyre doing it.

The matches had everything except finishers and kickouts, if they added that the matches would have had an entirely different feel.

There hasnt been a single finisher in 2 matches. Theyre building this slowly and different and its a welcome change to me :manny:

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
You're just saying that because it's two indy guys. This overrating of the indy crowd is getting tiring.

Goldberg/Brock II and Brock/Joe were just as good of matches, but that style isn't cool to appreciate anymore.
I liked those matches too :manny:

Daps

even as an indy fan, people who dont think those matches were piff are out of their minds :dahell:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The last match was fukkin horrible. Slow-paced, Owens with 300 headlocks. And a fukkboi finish that made no sense. It's retarded 50/50 booking where they are afraid to let them trade legit wins then have a real rubber match at Summerslam.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Backlash match was very good and was ruined by the finish. This latest match just sucked and killed my interest in the feud. I'd be ok with them burning the next match on SD and both get into something new for Summerslam.