Styles vs. Owens Apreciation Thread

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
People always complain about too many high spots and finisher spamming. These matches had everything but those things, and motherfukkers is saying their falling asleep :francis:

Daps
I felt every match they have has been disappointing.

The opposite of this thread needed to be made

They're not terrible matches, but i feel the chemistry just isn't there

And I was at MSG for the title change, even that match wasn't special aside from the finish

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Owens has no fukking clue how to work hold or a control section in a compelling way. He's great at doing flippy stuff and beating the shyt out of himself and his opponent, he should stick to that.

I was never a big fan of Owen's singles work until he got to NXT and the main roster, but for more than a year I feel he went back to his old indy "just there" work (unless he was working with Sami). He's so much better at tags. He's one of the few people that can do entertaining shyt with his character constantly though, that's his main strength as a performer imo.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
People always complain about too many high spots and finisher spamming. These matches had everything but those things, and motherfukkers is saying their falling asleep :francis:

Two wrongs don't make one right. Regardless of how you work, you gotta make it compelling and build to something worth a watch. Most people clearly didn't think this was the case with Owens vs AJ :manny:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I liked the finish of the first match though the match itself was meh. I haven't seen the sequel yet