SUPERMAN by James Gunn (Coming 2025)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Pratt was a funny fat dude. C'mon fam. Do you think he gets Jurrasic Park off Parks & Rec? Really? It's like RDJ getting Tropic Thunder and Sherlock Holmes after Ironman. That'd be more believable at least, considering what he had under his belt at the time.
RDJ was already signed up to star for Sherlock Holmes and Tropic Thunder by the time Iron Man released :dead:

Chris Pratt was already signed up for Jurassic World by the time Guardians of Galaxy came out as well :dead:

headline:

How Chris Pratt went from ‘Parks and Recreation’ to ‘Jurassic World’​

both your points are invalid :dead:

larsattack

All Star
Daps
Corenswet bulked up to basically what Cavill was at in MoS

Sheesh, posting shyt like this is always awkward:francis:

It looks like a dbz beam battle in the background

kamehameha_vs__galick_gun_by_whistle72_dedectg-pre.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Exactly.

Nailing Clark is literally half the battle, this dude looks like he could do that provided they give him good material.

This…. And though I don’t mind Reeves dorky Clark

I’d be fine with him playing it like the animated show.

Tyler on the CW show was an extremely good clark

But flying and punching shyt just don’t cut it

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Pratt was a funny fat dude. C'mon fam. Do you think he gets Jurrasic Park off Parks & Rec? Really? It's like RDJ getting Tropic Thunder and Sherlock Holmes after Ironman. That'd be more believable at least, considering what he had under his belt at the time.

Yes I’m gonna step in now

You know both yall my dudes @obarth & @itsyoung!!

But I’m sorry, @itsyoung!! you wrong in this instance

Like Pratt alone was relatively a nobody before GOTG and people questioned & clowned that casting when it was announced.

Not sure where his career would’ve went…. But he don’t get JPark franchise without Marvel

He was just a pudgey white boy

@obarth is right

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
But he don’t get JPark franchise without Marvel
He was signed to do jurassic park before guardians of galaxy released in theatres. Theirs no way the directors would of known gotg success prior. If I remember correctly most critics thought gotg was going to flop because it was 1st marvel movie without known characters

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
He was signed to do jurassic park before guardians of galaxy released in theatres. Theirs no way the directors would of known gotg success prior. If I remember correctly most critics thought gotg was going to flop because it was 1st marvel movie without known characters
This is the flaw in basing stuff on when it released in theaters. The movie was worked on for 3-4 years. There's a chance word of mouth from ppl who saw the movie bts (director/producers etc) helped Pratt get the Jurassic park gig. Just because they(critics) thought it was going to flop doesnt mean they thought it was a trash movie. Gunn gushed over Pratt in the audition for Quill, i imagine he would sing praises about him to anyone who asked after filming.

There's also the fact that the reason Pratt got in shape and shyt, which helped him land the JP role is because of GotG. He had to get in shape for the Quill role.
Even in the article you posted, this is a quote from it
But that role almost didn’t happen. Pratt was overweight and mainly played comedic roles, and James Gunn — the director of “Guardians” — didn’t even want to see him audition. “I thought it was an insane idea to cast the fat guy from ‘Parks and Rec’ as the lead of our superhero movie,” Gunn told GQ in 2014. He changed his mind once he met Pratt. “I thought, ‘Well, hell, he’s overweight, but if that means we have the world’s first overweight superhero, I’m okay with it,’” Gunn added. Pratt famously lost 60 pounds in six months for the role and has been in action hero shape ever since.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
. Gunn gushed over Pratt in the audition for Quill, i imagine he would sing praises about him to anyone who asked after filming.

Edit: I see you mention this, disregard

The POINT is chris pratt wasnt unknown. The original post i responded to said marvel hired unknown actors and made them stars. Yall moving the goal posts by saying star to super star.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
?? Gunn passed on Pratt originally. Said he was too fat. Pratt had to lose 60 pounds to audition

Edit: I see you mention this, disregard
Idk how you read that excerpt and come to that conclusion.
He didnt lose 60 pounds to audition. He auditioned and got the part. Gunn even said "i guess we have the world's first overweight superhero movie". Meaning he didnt really care about the weight because his audition was so good. He lost 60 pounds for the role and stayed in that shape.

:yeshrug:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The overall reaction to this reveal has been negative. Even I wasn’t awed by it but now you have people acting like Gunn isn’t about to deliver the greatest Superman film ever put to film. Not to mention the pandering for Snyder trashy take on the character and revisionist history when it comes to Cavill and his performance as Superman from Snyder cultist. You would think they were to busy watching rebel moon part 2 and appreciating Snyder genius to have time to start hating again.